ON MY AGENDA
- When Employees Speak, Company Listens. Berg, Joel // njbiz;5/2/2005 Supplement, Vol. 18, p11
Reports on the corporate culture at Princeton, New Jersey-based Novo Nordisk AS. Result of employees' involvement in management; Goal of the company's culture, according to company president, Martin Soeters; Benefits provided by the company.
- Wings of Change. Meinert, Dori // HR Magazine;Nov2012, Vol. 57 Issue 11, p30
The article examines how human resource (HR) professionals at three businesses have changed corporate culture to increase employee morale and achieve operational goals. Steven Miggo at Safelite AutoGlass developed new training programs to help employees provide exceptional customer service....
- VARIATIONS IN ORGANIZATIONAL MINDFULNESS. RERUP, CLAUS // Academy of Management Proceedings;2004, pB1
The literature on organizational mindfulness is predicated on the assumption that organizations are either mindful or not. In this paper, I challenge this assumption by developing a variation-fragmentation perspective on organizational mindfulness. Through interviews, informal conversations,...
- Staff Attitudes to Talking Openly About Ethical Dilemmas: The Role of Business Ethics Conceptions and Trust. Leila Trapp, N. // Journal of Business Ethics;Nov2011, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p543
To ensure ethical employee behavior, companies often utilize several forms of mostly one-way communication such as codes of conduct. The extent to which these efforts, in addition to informing about the company stance on ethics, are able to positively influence behavior is disputed. In contrast,...
- Pharma manufacturers hopeful. // Pharmaceutical Technology Europe;Dec2004, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p13
This article reports that pharmaceutical companies are making significant capital investments in new manufacturing facilities. Lonza Inc. plans to spend an additional $200 million on its Portsmouth, New Hampshire plant, which will include the installation of another 20000 L mammalian cell...
- Enzyme unit closes. // Chemical Week;3/6/96, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the plan of Denmark firm Novo Nordisk to close its manufacturing unit Novo Nordisk Biochemicals K.K. in Hokkaido, Japan. Reasons for the closure; Plans for affected employees.
- Assisted-living facilities to test insulin-delivery pen. Tarlach, Gemma M. // Drug Topics;3/16/98, Vol. 142 Issue 6, p45
Reports that Novo Nordisk's Novolin Prefilled insulin-delivery system will be test marketed by the joint forces of Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals, Marriott Senior Living Services, and Medicine-On-Time. Details on the cost effectiveness of pen-style delivery system; Information on how Novo Nordisk...
- Novo Nordisk restructures. // Chemical Week;6/26/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 25, p8
Reports on Novo Nordisk's plan to achieve savings by rationalizing its services and staff levels. Company's focus on its enzyme and insulin businesses; Projections on sales and pretax profits.
- Novo Nordisk cuts jobs. // Chemical Week;10/16/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 39, p8
Reports on Danish enzymes group Novo Nordisk's elimination of 300 jobs as part of cost-cutting measures.