- OUT OF THE WOODS YET? Mguni, Nina // Recruiter;Jul2015, Special section p3
The article discusses the impact of the new British government formed after general elections in 2015, on the jobs market. Topics discussed include labor market statistics published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) for the period January-March 2015, the report "Building the best jobs...
- Numbers games. Kay, John // Prospect;Mar2007, Issue 132, p16
This article reports on efforts in Great Britain to make an independent Office for National Statistics. Recent events have eroded the trust of citizens in the numbers used by the government to justify one policy over another. The fear is that the government will rig the statistics for...
- Problems remain, but rethink knocks CIL into something that could actually support growth. Grigg, Chris // Estates Gazette;2/2/2013, Issue 1305, p50
The author examines the British government's renewed interest in Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL). According to the author, it is not surprising that CIL is back on the agenda, given that data from the British Office for National Statistics had shown that construction output is falling again...
- Failure to put value on England's natural assets 'threatens growth'. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);May2013, Issue 459, p5
The article reports on the warning issued by the British government's Natural Capital Committee on the state of English natural assets. The committee said it is impossible to track use of English natural assets because of lack of information. It is said that the Office for National Statistics...
- Labour market statistics quarterly update. // Labour Market Trends;Jun2004, Vol. 112 Issue 6, p223
Reports on the developments in Great Britain's labour market as of May 2004. Revisions made to the labour force survey data; Progress of the projects by the Office for National Statistics; Introduction of new seasonally adjusted series of claimant count stocks by age and duration.
- Labour Market Data. // Labour Market Trends;Dec2003, Vol. 111 Issue 12, pS1
Provides background information on labour market data released by the Office of National Statistics in Great Britain in 2003. Sources of labour market statistics; Definition of terms; Regularly published labour statistics.
- Labour Force Survey, reweighting and seasonal adjustment review 2008. // Economic & Labour Market Review;May2008, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p3
The article reports that the monthly Labour Market Statistics First Release of May 14, 2008 of the British Office for National Statistics (ONS) will contain on Labour Force Survey (LFS) aggregate results that are consistent with reweighted LFS microdata. Accordingly, aggregate results in the...
- Labour Force Survey: reweighting and seasonal adjustment review 2008. Palmer, Nicholas; Hughes, Matthew // Economic & Labour Market Review;Jun2008, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p33
On 14 May 2008, the Office for National Statistics published national and regional Labour Force Survey (LFS) aggregate estimates that are consistent with reweighted LFS microdata. This article explains the revisions to the LFS aggregate estimates for 1992 to 2007 arising from the reweighting...
- The labour market across the UK in the current recession. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Nov2009, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the publication by the British Office for National Statistics of a series of articles on the status of the labor market in Great Britain amid the recession.