- Skills shortage looms as UK labour market revives. Churchard, Claire // People Management;9/2/2010, p7
The article reports on the results of a Labour Market Outlook survey that was conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler (KPMG) in Great Britain in 2010, revealing the plans of British employers to offshore and recruit migrants.
- ROUND-UP. // People Management;Jun2011, p56
This section offers news briefs on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) as of June 2011 including its invitation for members to attend a focus group discussion on the current cap on non-European Union (EU) migrant workers, information on its latest monthly podcast titled...
- BACK TO WORK? Smedley, Tim // People Management;Sep2011, p24
The article examines the potential of the Work Programme launched by the British government to succeed when it comes to helping long-term unemployed people get back to work. The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) supports the program by launching a project that would get...
- Reward professionals go 'back to the drawing board.'. Churchard, Claire // People Management;2/25/2010, p7
The article discusses the results of a survey, conducted by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, concerning the efforts of several employers in Great Britain to review their reward policies to make them more strategic and performance-related in the midst of the economic recession.
- A women's institute. Howard, Simon // People Management;6/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p61
Reports that the majority of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development membership is women. Statistics on the institute's membership; Arguments raised on the trend in human resource (HR).
- Brand awareness. // People Management;Jun2015, p60
The article presents information on a factsheet developed by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) on the subject of employer branding.
- News. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/15/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 4560, p48
The article offers news briefs related to the hospitality industry in Great Britain. A survey of 3,000 workers by e-learning provider SkillSoft revealed that more than nine in 10 employees are under stress at work. The Border Agency announced that 4,875 businesses had registered as sponsors for...
- Members get down to business. Cannell, Mike // People Management;7/6/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p65
Reveals the results of the survey conducted on self-employment among members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Turnover figures of their businesses; Reasons for setting up a business; Difficulties faced by the respondents on sales and marketing.
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;10/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p19
Presents information on several legal issues in Great Britain as of October 2000. Views of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development about the draft code of practice on the Data Protection Act 1998; Effect of employment legislation on discrimination at work.