A Strategic Approach to Automating Photonics Manufacturing
- Selling overseas–if you are serious about the global photonics market. MELLES, JAN // Laser Focus World;May2013, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p27
The article presents the author's insights on the aspect of selling in the global photonics market. The author states that selling in foreign markets is more effective when using web sites from photonics companies. Moreover, the author discusses three successive stages of business expansion in...
- Fiber cross-connect products. // CED;May2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p94
Introduces the Photon.Fiber Cross Connect products from Lynx Photonic Networks in Calabasas Hills, California. Automation of fiber connections; Restoration of the switching algorithm; Reduction of truck rolls.
- Optical Ethernet transport. // CED;May2002, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p94
Introduces various Optical Ethernet products from Internet Photonics Inc. in Marlborough, Massachusetts. Reliability of the carrier-grade; Simplification of deployment and management; Features of the product.
- PHOTON BECOMES ENERO. // B&T Magazine;5/11/2012, Vol. 62 Issue 2767, p6
The article reports on the move by the Photon Group to change its name to Enero Group, as well as to reorganize its management structure and focus on digital marketing after posting a significant drop in revenues.
- Photonic Sensors Market is Expected to Reach $15.2 Billion, Globally, by 2020. // Sensors;1/31/2015, p37
The article focuses on a report from market research firm Allied Market Research, titled "Global Photonic Sensors Market (Type, Technology, Application and Geography)-Global Opportunity Analysis and Forecast-2013-2020," which revealed that the photonic sensors market is expected to grow by 2020.
- CORD recommends photonics skills standard. Powell, Arlyn S.; Harrison, Ben // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Jan1996, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p63
Reports that job demand for photonics technicians is estimated to more than double, from the January, 1996 base of hundreds of thousands to double that by the year 2000. Reason for the formation of the Center for Occupational Research and Development.
- The incredible lightness of beams. Valigra, Lori // Christian Science Monitor;11/4/99, Vol. 91 Issue 238, p13
Takes a look at the potential uses of the study of photonics in consumer goods, telecommunications, industrial applications and more.
- New uses for concentrated sunlight. // Futurist;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p50
Suggests that concentrated sunlight may assist fuel synthesis, wastewater treatment, materials processing and lasers. Information provided in the report `Potential Applications of Concentrated Solar Photons,' commissioned by the National Research Council (NRC); Key benefits of solar energy.
- Photonics phenomenon. Stuck, Bart // Telephony;09/21/98, Vol. 235 Issue 12, p66
Looks at the steady progression of photonics technology. Photonic components that have emerged in the early 1990s; Analog transmission interfaces introduced by photonic transmission; Examples of photonic network elements.