Back to the Basics
- mailbag. Pease, Bob // Electronic Design;11/17/2008, Vol. 56 Issue 24, p72
The article presents questions and answers related to electronics design including the limitation of an operational amplifier, the resolution to match a 0.5m volts of signal for a sense resistor, and the possibilities of designing the circuit into an instrumentation amplifier.
- Terminating Flex Circuits. Finstad, Mark; Verbrugge, Mark; Fjelstad, Joe // CircuiTree;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p34
The article presents questions and answers related to flex circuits including what is the best way to terminate it, the kinds of connectors used for flex circuits, and flex circuit termination using unsupported finger contacts.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS. Davis, Sam // Electronic Design;1/18/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p24
The article presents questions and answers related to voltage regulator integrated circuit (IC). One asks what is the function of a voltage regulator. Another questions how does switching frequency impact regulator designs. One inquires regarding the usual applications for linear and switching...
- Ask Harl. // Microwave Journal;May2007, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p18
The article presents a question and answer related to electronics. One person has asked for a clarification between field solvers and Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis (SPICE) models. And as an answer, it is claimed that field solvers are tools that simulate the behavior of the...
- How to create impressive and affordable graphical user interfaces. Silcock, Paul // Electronics Weekly;8/3/2011, Issue 2476, p14
The article presents questions and answers related to designing of electronics circuits including whether free graphics libraries for embedded applications are suitable for electronic circuits designs and what is a graphic library.
- design Voltage Reference ICs FRQs. Davis, Sam // Electronic Design;6/29/2006, Vol. 54 Issue 14, p18
The article presents questions and answers related to designing a voltage reference integrated circuits (IC). One person asks about the two basic topologies for voltage reference IC. Another inquires about the output voltage temperature hysteresis of a voltage reference unit. Moreover, another...
- Q5. Naisbitt, Graham // Electronics Weekly;12/13/2006, Issue 2269, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to electronics. One person asks whether the British property got to grips with lead free soldering yet. Another questions about the areas where companies need to sharpen their lead-free soldering skills most. A reader asks about the reasons for...
- Stumped by the Code? Holt, Mike // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Apr2009, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p36
The article presents questions and answers related to electrical design including the connection of a 3-phase feeder in two parallel sets, the need to derate 25 current-carrying conductors in a wireway and the possibility of more than one bedroom in an arc fault circuit interrupter...
- Q&A: Trends In LED Design. Arrigo, Lisa // Product Design & Development;Sep2004, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p18
Presents a question and answer advisory about advances in LED technology. Recent designs of LED technology developed by manufacturers; Advantages of LEDs in comparison to incandescent bulbs; Key developments of technological applications of LED technology.