Shanghai: The New Silicon Valley?
- Nice Growth. // Electronic News;07/10/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 28, p36
Unveils the increase in the revenue from digital signal processing chip business in 1999, according to Cahners In-Stat Group. Market share of each of the top four companies in 1999.
- Wafer Fab Construction Increases in 2003, 2004. // Circuits Assembly;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p12
According to the Quarterly Spot Report on Semiconductor Fab Projects released from Santa Cruz, California-based Strategic Marketing Associates, the improving economy and growth in chip sales are boosting wafer fabrication (fab) construction activity. The value of new fab projects started in the...
- Bluetooth IC Market to Exceed $4 B in 2012. Massé, Dan // Microwave Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p55
The article reports on the possibility that total Bluetooth integrated circuit (IC) market will grow to nearly 4.3-billion U.S. dollar in 2012, based on a research study conducted by Bluetooth Research Service of ABI Research.
- Filling in the Missing SOC Pieces. Gallagher, John // Electronic News;11/15/99, Vol. 45 Issue 46, p8
Deals with the system-on-a-chip design market. Factors which influence its marketability; How it is developed; Considerations in its manufacturing; Benefit of compressing systems into single chips.
- Power Management IC Market is expected to Reach USD 46 Billion Globally in 2019. // Sensors;5/2/2014, p1
The article forecasts the power management integrated circuit (IC) market to reach an estimated value of 46 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 according to a report published by Transparency Market Research.
- TI almost got away. // Inside Tucson Business;10/13/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p5
The article offers updates related to the business condition of Texas Instruments Inc.(TI) in Tucson, Texas. The company is in the final stage of shutting down its chip manufacturing facilities in the Tucson International Airport because the location is not so ideal. However, the possible market...
- Semiconductor Inventory Declines as Suppliers Adjust to Slow Market Conditions. // Power Electronics Technology Exclusive Insight;2/1/2012, p1
The article reports on the decline in chip inventories held by semiconductor suppliers in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2011. An IHS iSuppli Inventory Insider report reveals that semiconductor stockpiles in the third quarter stood at 81 days, which is a 2.5 percent decrease. Based on days of...
- Qualcomm Declares Victory in Dispute With South Korea. Randolph, Ned // San Diego Business Journal;8/3/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 31, p13
The article reports on the victory of San Diego-based wireless chipmaker Qualcomm Inc. against the dispute raised by the Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC). It states that KFTC has asserted that the wireless chipmaker employs unfair business practices thus imposing 208 million dollars fine. It...
- Kingston Market Share Rises in First Half of '09 to 38%. Tolkoff, Sarah // Orange County Business Journal;1/11/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p12
The article offers finance-related news briefs in Irvine, California. Computer product manufacturer Kingston Technology Co. acquired 38% market share for the first half of 2009. Electronic chips maker Quartics Inc. partnered with computer software firm Cyberlink Corp. Information Superbrand Inc....