A New Stock Exchange
- Riel For The CSX: Heading In The Right Direction. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;May2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p6
The article offers information on the economic outlook of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) for the Cambodian Stock Exchange (CSX) in Cambodia. It states that the decision of Securities and Exchange Commission of Cambodia (SECC) to denominate the securities under its new stock exchange...
- MORE THAN 100 NEW COMPANIES TO QUOTE ON STOCK EXCHANGE AS OF MAY. // Macedonian Business Monthly;Mar2013, Issue 128, p5
The article reports on companies including Telekom, Stopanska banka, and Central Cooperative Bank, which are obliged to quote on the Stock Exchange with the new rules approved by Securities and Exchange Commission in Macedonia on May 2013.
- Stock Market. // Cambodia Country Review;2001/2002, p59
Reports that the National Bank of Cambodia is considering the possibility of establishing a stock market and a capital market in order to stimulate the flows of capital from foreign countries for the economic development of the country.
- Explanations under 'comply-or-explain'. // Governance Newsletter;Mar2012, Issue 213, p3
The article presents information on the comply-or-explain concept which seeks compliance of companies with Great Britain's Corporate Governance Code. It focuses on the explanation which is required to be made by companies and should include context and historical background, convincing rationale...
- CORPORATE. Power, Helen // Lawyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p15
Discusses the decision of the Takeover Panel in Great Britain to apply the Takeover Code to dual-listed mergers. Issue of the P&O Princess-Royal Caribbean merger; Factors that must be considered in choosing dual-listed companies to get around the code.
- CAMBODIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Sep2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
The article presents a summary of Cambodia's political risk, economic risk, and business environment. Ta Mok, former Khmer Rouge military commander, died in custody awaiting trial for his role in the bloodshed that befell Cambodia. The trade mission headed by Malaysia's Ministry of International...
- Stock Market Launch In 2010. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the plan of the Cambodian authorities to launch the country's inaugural stock exchange in 2010. It states that the greater access to the long-term funding is a blessing to the local, capital- starved companies and economic diversification. It emphasizes that big name firms...
- The Inclusion of Forecasts in the Narrative Sections of Annual Reports and Their Association with Firm Characteristics: The Case of Jordan. Abed, Suzan; Al-Okdeh, Saleh; Nimer, Khalil // International Business Research;Oct2011, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p264
This study investigates the disclosure practices toward disclosing forecast information in the narrative sections of the annual reports for industrial and service companies for the year 2007. Additionally, this study examines the determinants of disclosing forecast information for the companies...
- Corporate Governance, Commitment to Business Ethics, and Firm Valuation: Evidence from the Korean Stock Market. Pae, Jinhan; Choi, Tae // Journal of Business Ethics;May2011, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p323
A variety of stakeholders have long been interested in the factors that are related to firm valuation. This article investigates why companies with more comprehensive corporate governance (CG) have a value premium over companies with less comprehensive CG. We posit and find that the cost of...