Workshop Focuses on Optoelectronic Cost Reduction
- Scalable, high-power fiber laser produces coherent output. Holton, Conard // Laser Focus World;Jul2003, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the significance of a seven-element fiber-laser array demonstrated at the May Solid-State and Diode Laser Technology Review workshop hosted by the Directed Energy Professional Society in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Efficicacy of high-power fiber-laser arrays to produce coherent output...
- OPERATIVE CUTANEOUS LASER SURGERY WORKSHOPS. Bailim, Philip L.; Wheeland, Ronald G.; Ratz, John Louis // Journal of Dermatologic Surgery & Oncology;Feb86, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p121
The article focuses on the Operative Cutaneous Laser Surgery Workshops held in Cleveland, Ohio from April 25-27, 1986 and October 17-19, 1986. Workshop provides a unique course for the dermatologist, plastic surgeon, otolaryngologist, and podiatrist. Intensive, highly structured, and supervised...
- OPTOELECTRONIC TECHNIQUES FOR ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING. Nicolae, Doina // Environmental Engineering & Management Journal (EEMJ);Jan2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p89
The article discusses the highlights of a three day symposium organized by the National Institute of Research and Development for Optoelectronics INOE 2000. The workshop aimed to encourage various groups of the scientific community concerned with issues on environmental science, engineering,...
- OIDA releases report on aggregation networks and data centers. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;6/15/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p13
The article discusses the report, titled "OIDA Workshops on Metrics for Aggregation Networks and Data Centers," from the Optoelectronics Industry Development Association (OIDA). A target of less than one picojoule per bit for link energy efficiency is suggested by the report for board- and...
- ARTFUL LODGER. Hillier, Rose-Marie; Mylchreest, Melissa // Australian House & Garden;Aug2013, p162
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending an art workshop.
- Courses round-up. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p49
Provides information on various trainings and workshops in Great Britain. Sessions for identifying and analyzing trainee-requirements; How to determine training objectives; Foundation course for trainers; Workplace learning for improved performance.
- Improving the Results of Workshops Part II -- Conducting Workshops. Nadler, Leonard // Training & Development Journal;Aug76, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p36
Part II. Discusses how to improve on the results of workshops. Role of the steering commitee; Changes in the program design; Registration process; Selection of materials and equipments.
- Back to the Basics. Deeg, Rhonda L. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Jan2003, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p58
Relates the experience of the author at the International Preservation Trades Workshop in New York. Activities at the workshop; Aim of the Preservation Trades Network; Participation of historic preservationists, architects and trade craftsmen in the workshop.
- Fifth International Winds Workshop. Holmlund, K.; Velden, C.S.; Marshall, J.Le // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Jun2001, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p1193
Summarizes the proceedings and highlights of the Fifth International Winds Workshop held in Australia from February 28 to March 3, 2000. Interaction with the Co-ordination Group for Meteorological Satellites on issues related to the derivation and utilization of wind information based on the...