EPA Announces Training Opportunities
- Oil-spill rules/compliance topic of regional seminars. Lorenzi, Neal // Professional Safety;Feb97, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p11
States that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Region 5 will hold a series of Spring workshops designed to help companies comply with oil-spill regulations. Topics to be discussed at workshops; Comments from Dr. Barbara Carr of EPA; Contact information.
- EPA TO HOLD FOUR TECHNICAL WORKSHOPS FOR ITS STUDY ON HYDRAULIC FRACTURING. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;1/31/2013, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p7
The article informs that four technical workshops will be organized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in April and June 2013 on topics related to hydraulic fracturing.
- EPA Plans Methyl Bromide Workshops. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/24/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 25, p23
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to hold a series of information exchange workshops to help interested parties determine the quality and quantity of information to be included in critical use exemption applications for methyl bromide. Tentative schedule of the...
- Workshop on Using Mode of Action To Support the Development of a Multipollutant Science Assessment. Winner, Darrell A. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;4/4/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 87, p26549
The article offers information on a workshop conducted by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to be held in North Carolina on May 31, 2012.
- Proposed Rules: ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY. // Federal Register;2/13/2014, Vol. 79 Issue 30, p8644
The article presents a notice of workshop on air quality standards for oxides of nitrogen and sulfur from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The workshop is organized by EPA's Office of Research and Development's, National Center for Environmental Assessment (NCEA) and the Office of Air...
- Measuring Water Softener Impact on Septic Systems. Ferrero, Tom // Pumper;Jan2010, p78
Information about the impact of softened and regenerated water from water softeners on onsite systems discussed a workshop sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Water Environment Research Foundation is presented. The workshop featured the pumpers' perspective relative to the...
- The Facts on the R-22 Phaseout. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;8/6/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 14, p1
The article highlights the training program organized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency under the theme, "The 2010 HCFC-22 Phase Down" held in the U.S. in 2007. It was part of the Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute's Train the Trainer Program, which provided some of the most...
- Panel discussion review: session two – interpretation of observed associations between multiple ambient air pollutants and health effects in epidemiologic analyses. JEE YOUNG KIM; BURNETT, RICHARD T.; NEAS, LUCAS; THURSTON, GEORGE D.; SCHWARTZ, JOEL; TOLBERT, PAIGE E.; BRUNEKREEF, BERT; GOLDBERG, MARK S.; ROMIEU, ISABELLE // Journal of Exposure Science & Environmental Epidemiology;Dec2007 Supplement 2, Vol. 17, pS83
Air pollution epidemiologic research has often utilized ambient air concentrations measured from centrally located monitors as a surrogate measure of exposure to these pollutants. Associations between these ambient concentrations and health outcomes such as lung function, hospital admissions,...
- Panel discussion review: session 1 – exposure assessment and related errors in air pollution epidemiologic studies. SARNAT, JEREMY A.; WILSON, WILLIAM E.; STRAND, MATTHEW; BROOK, JEFF; WYZGA, RON; LUMLEY, THOMAS // Journal of Exposure Science & Environmental Epidemiology;Dec2007 Supplement 2, Vol. 17, pS75
Examining the validity of exposure metrics used in air pollution epidemiologic models has been a key focus of recent exposure assessment studies. The objective of this work has been, largely, to determine what a given exposure metric represents and to quantify and reduce any potential errors...