Dunton to head new MBIA division offering its services to municipalities
- Dunton Named MBIA Chief Operating Officer. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;05/18/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30894, p7
Cites the appointment of Gary Dunton as chief operating officer of MBIA Inc. Dunton's contributions to the growth of the securities company.
- In effort to strengthen management, MBIA senior executives get new roles. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30483, p3
Reports on the management reshuffling at MBIA Inc. Appointment of Gary C. Dunton as president of public and corporate finance; Selection of Neil G. Budnick to assume the role of chief financial officer; Naming of Juliette S. Tehrani to become special assistant to chairman David H. Elliott.
- Severance Package for Former MBIA CEO Disclosed in Filing. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;3/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32839, p6
The article reports on the Securities and Exchange Commission filings of MBIA Inc. which show the severance pay for the deposed chief executive officer (CEO) Gary Dunton in the U.S. The filings revealed that Dunton, who was replaced by Jay Brown, will receive a total severance of $5.2 million....
- Corrections. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p2
A correction to two articles are presented including the severance package of MBIA Inc. chief executive officer Gary Dunton and the Michigan Municipal Bond Authority's rating for its School Loan Revolving Fund bonds.
- Gary Dunton to Replace Jay Brown As MBIA Inc.'s New Chief Executive. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p6
Announces the appointment of president Gary Dunton as CEO of insurance company MBIA Inc., replacing Jay Brown. Views of Dunton on the state of the insurance industry.
- Nicholas Ferreri Named CFO of MBIA Inc. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p6
Reports on the appointment of Nicholas Ferreri as chief financial officer of MBIA Inc. Promotions of Gary C. Dunton to chief executive officer and Neil G. Budnick to president of MBIA Insurance Corp.; Job responsibilities; Employment history.
- Moody's Review 'Surprises' MBIA. // American Banker;1/22/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 14, p9
The article reports that MBIA Inc. was surprised by a Moody's Investor Service move to pull its important credit rating under review. The Moody's announcement helped send shares of the bond insurer down 19%. MBIA said that its capital-strengthening regimen meets or exceeds the requirements...
- Brown Returns as MBIA Chief Executive. // American Banker;2/20/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 34, p13
This article reports that MBIA Inc., the bond insurer rehired chief executive Joseph Brown. Brown said the company may separate its municipal bond insurance business from its guarantees on subprime mortgage securities. He replaced Gary Dunton, who did not want to restructure the company, even...
- MBIA reports 3Q loss. Yurcan, Bryan F. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/5/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 45, p2
The article focuses on the third quarter loss reported by MBIA Inc. due to cutting the value of its derivative portfolio in the U.S. According to Gary Dunton, MBIA chairman and chief executive, the spreads widened significantly across the market resulting to their insured credit derivatives...