Sligh makes its theatre debut
- Sligh Belies its age with new emphasis. Seelig, Fred // Grand Rapids Business Journal;09/27/99, Vol. 17 Issue 39, pB2
Profiles Sligh Furniture, a 119-year-old furniture company based in Holland, Michigan. Corporate history; Management philosophy; Products including business-office furniture and grandfather clocks; Financial performance; High-end clientele.
- Sligh At Home Professionally. Greiner, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/12/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p22
Profiles Rob Sligh, chairman and chief executive officer of Sligh Furniture Co. in Holland, Michigan. Initial reluctance to join his family's business; Company history; Recognition and awards received by the company; Leading role in the home office furniture market; Annual sales; Number of...
- Function, fashion drive high end. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;1/24/2005 Supplement, p12
The article focuses growth of furniture industry because of the home entertainment. It reports that both sides of the Fusion equation, office and entertainment, have been power categories for high-end furniture producers. Providing a combination of function and fashion suitable for large homes,...
- Sligh launches e-commerce site that refers business to retailers. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;7/31/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 46, p47
The article reports that upscale case goods Sligh Furniture has launched a web site that enables direct-to-consumer sales without cutting out the businesses of the retailers, salespeople or sales representatives. It will use Reshare's Distribution Relationship Management software for online...
- Sligh closing clock plant. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;5/16/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the decision of Sligh Furniture Co. to close its plant in Holland, Michigan. Reasons behind the company's decision; Number of jobs that will be eliminated with the closing of the facility; Factors affecting the sales and operations of the company; Furniture sold by Sligh.
- AHFA's Sligh seeks to unite industry. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;1/17/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p1
The article informs that, as 2005 president of the American Home Furnishings Alliance (AHFA), Sligh Furniture Co. Chairman and CEO Rob Sligh will lead a trade group that late last year made one of the biggest changes in its 100-year history. In November, the board of the American Furniture...
- People on the move. // Furniture/Today;5/17/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p30
Presents updates on the careers of furniture industry executives Bob Kreter and Tim Donk as of May 17, 2004. Kreter's appointment as marketing communications manager of Sligh; Donk's appointment as marketing director of Legends Furniture.
- New products on tap for High Point market. // Furniture/Today;3/15/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p36
Highlights furniture available as of March 15, 2004. Pedestal desk, credenza and storage deck added by Sligh Furniture Co. to the Candlewood antique-look collection; City Entertainment Collection from Z-Line Designs Inc.; Mambo line from Gautier Furniture.
- Home office activity brisk. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;5/8/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p28
The article reports on the new home office furnitures that have both style and function. Heckman Design company has introduced 42 new items, which is four times of its usual introductions. The price offerings for the new products are detailed. Sligh Furniture Co., which has Scottish and casual...