Failed Early's had not made a profit for years
- Three good throws in a row from Early's of Witney. // Cabinet Maker;02/02/2001, Issue 5223, p3
Reports that home furnishings manufacturer Early's of Witney has unveiled a contemporary product range and revised product packaging.
- `The bedroom's still a price-driven commodity market'. // Home Furnishings;May95, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p44
Discusses Keith Slater's role in revitalizing the British blanket company Early's of Witney. Professional background; Problems in the bedlinen industry; Description of the company's blankets; Popularity of woven products; Packaging improvements; Efforts to expand overseas.
- New head for Early's. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p4
Announces the appointment of Richard Tilt as managing director and Sue Moore as head of marketing and product development at blanket manufacturer Early's.
- Quiltex to build up Early's brand. // Cabinet Maker;3/1/2002, Issue 5276, p3
Reports the acquisition of Early's by Quiltex. Plans of Quiltex in improving factory in Oxfordshire; Dismissal of employees in sales and administration; Relocation of the factory in the Witney area.
- Net operating losses. // National Public Accountant;Dec97, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p47
Announces the reduction of carryback period to two years and the increase of the carryforward period to 20 years for taxpayers with net operating losses (NOLs) arising in tax years beginning after August 5, 1997. Key aspects of previous law.
- Q4 EDA Sales Drop 13%. Buetow, Mike // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;May2003, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the business losses of EDA Consortium in San Jose, California. Decline in revenues; Reduction in the sales of integrated circuits; Product and maintenance revenues of the company.
- French government bails out EMC. // Chemical Week;1/31/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the company Entreprise Miniere et Chimique (EMC) lost money and the French government agreed to give them 150 million francs. Information on company's loss; Brief history of EMC.
- Print profitability falls back sharply. // Printing World;9/18/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the declining profit of Printers in Great Britain. Decrease of print paper and packaging sector annual return on capital; Volatility of the economy.
- Abstracts. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1990, Vol. 18 Issue 1, Number 1 p70
Presents an abstract of the article `The Predatory Loss,' by Allen R. Ferguson. Predatory loss as a product of predatory price reduction and output during a price war.