Budget bites retailers with Â£35m extra costs
- Pay relationships in the furniture industry. Barsky, Carl // Monthly Labor Review;Apr76, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p46
Reports that earnings of individual workers in the wood household furniture manufacturing industry in the United States are widely dispersed. Pay relationships in the furniture industry; Worker skills and manufacturing operations in the industry; Hourly earnings in the industry.
- Southern Wages Continue to Head North. // Wood & Wood Products;Apr99, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p9
Recalls that 15 furniture plants in the North Carolina and Virginia wood furniture area raised wages 5% for hourly workers in 1959. Announcements of price increases; Speculations on the increase.
- Indonesia's wood, labor lure industry. // Furniture/Today;9/24/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p1
The article provides information on the furniture industry of Indonesia. According to an industry source, furniture workers in Indonesia earn an average of 150 U.S. dollars per month, whereas workers in China earn 430 dollars and 200 dollars in Vietnam. Indonesia has developed a wealth of talent...
- Heilig-Meyers retention bonus challenged by shareholder panel. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;10/30/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p2
Reports that Heilig-Meyers Inc.'s shareholders committee has challenged a move by the furniture company to pay retention bonuses to key employees. Value of Heilig-Meyers' employee retention incentive plan; Total number of employees covered by the company's employee retention program; Support of...
- WAGES IN WOOD HOUSEHOLD FURNITURE MANUFACTURING. Tighe, Michael J. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb70, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p63
Presents results of a 1968 survey conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics concerning wages in the wood household furniture manufacturing industry in the United States. Earnings per hour for male and female workers; Overall level of wages in the industry; Number of paid holidays and paid...
- 24 executives exceed $1M in '02. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p12
Reports on the survey result on increase of salaries among furniture executives for 2002 in the U.S. Average salary of the executives; Names of the companies who had given an increase compensation; Provision of bonuses and stock options.
- Salaries and compensation packages for top furniture and bedding executives, 2002. // Furniture/Today;7/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p12
Presents a graph depicting the salaries and compensation packaged for top furniture executives from various companies in the U.S. as of July 2003. INSET: About the numbers.
- Malaysia wages on rise. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;5/27/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p1
The article informs that the furniture manufacturers from Malaysia have find ways and so have taken steps to minimize the impact of an increase in the minimum wage that would come in effect by the end of 2013, announced by the Malaysian government.
- Pay the rate. Exten-Wright, Jonathan; Bragg, Joanna // Cabinet Maker;10/15/2004, Issue 5410, p13
Focuses on the impact of the amendment of the National Minimum Wage Act on the business performance of several furniture companies in Great Britain. Need for the furniture makers to comply with the minimum wage requirements; Concerns over the right of the workers to monitor their employment...