What It Takes to Become a Book Author
- HOW TO BE A GOOD BUSINESS SPEECH WRITER. Dyer, Frederick C.; Dyer, John M. // Journal of Business Communication;Winter69, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p29
The article presents tips for becoming a good business speech writer, from advice on writing to recommendations on a fee to charge for the service. The article enforces the ethical aspects of the trade and discusses ghost writing. The article covers speech writing fees, providing tables of...
- Invisible ink: Ghoswriters might not see their name in print, but the work is varied and in demand. Orey, Cal // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);May2005, Vol. 118 Issue 5, p49
This article focuses on the reasons for considering a ghostwriting career. Opportunities offered by ghostwriting; Financial benefits of such career; Appreciation offered by clients to ghostwriters. INSET: Getting started.
- LETTER FROM WASHINGTON. Cato // National Review;9/30/1977, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p1092
The article focuses on the increasing popularity of ghostwriting in the U.S. The fees that is charged by ghostwriters has been increasing rapidly. According to an article that has been published in the periodical "Esquire," ghostwriters are, despite their best instincts, literary people, and...
- A musical memoir finds its rhythm. Goldsby, Robin Meloy // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jul2008, Vol. 121 Issue 7, p14
This article explores the author's experience of writing and publishing her first book "Piano Girl: A Memoir." She discusses the excitement she felt at her book launch cocktail party and how the event was a dream come true. She offers suggestions for fellow authors who are also attempting to...
- Thirteen Year Old Thoughts. Kirk, Kristina Noel // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);1/14/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the author's insight on ghost writers and her plan to hire one if she got sick or tired.
- Their Writing, Your Words. CHAMBERS, LARRY // Financial Planning;Mar1999, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p132
Offers suggestions in writing an article or book. Details on hiring a ghostwriter; Where to find a ghostwriter; Steps in writing.
- Looking for a Ghost. ZUKUS, KERRY // Publishers Weekly;4/30/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 18, p140
The article presents information on ghostwriting and suggests how clients should direct their searches based on their compatibility with potential ghostwriters rather than being concerned about the writer's expertise. Details about dealing with jargon and the art of communication are provided,...
- David Mitchell: The Art of Fiction No. 204. Begley, Adam // Paris Review;Summer2010, Issue 193, p169
Presents an interview with the novelist David Mitchell. Mitchell discusses the writing process and the sort of environment that he likes to work in. When asked how he decided to become a writer, Mitchell discusses the fantasy and science fiction books he read in his childhood and he talks about...
- 13 tips for launching your memoir: Here's what you need to know to get your book on the shelves of this popular genre. Shapiro, Susan // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Aug2010, Vol. 123 Issue 8, p46
This article presents thirteen suggestions for how authors can get their memoirs published. The first suggestion is that authors check to see what books, if any, may already be published that are similar in premise to their own book ideas and the suggestion is also made that authors try to...