- If you could love only one... Brooks, George // Equities;Jun94, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p15
Presents an investment analysis of stocks and companies by the leading investment advisers in the United States as of June 1994. Includes Halo Industries; ConMed Corp; Natural Wonders Inc.; Financial management strategies of companies; Product and service categories.
- The pitfalls of talking to pit peddlers. Raymond, Michael T. // Corporate Detroit;Oct95, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p57
Focuses on what information can one safely and legally divulge to a securities analyst. Two significant Securities and Exchange Commission liability exposures that can result from a public company official's interactions with an analyst; How public entities can protect themselves from such...
- When A Security Analyst Calls on You. Hutchinson Jr., William N.L. // Management Review;Dec66, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p56
Explains what a security analyst does. Information analyst is after; Consideration of quality of management; Methods used outside of the United States.
- Plotting to some advantage. Ellinger, A.G. // Accountancy;Jun72, Vol. 83 Issue 946, p66
Explains the work of technical analysts and how they use investment charts as an aid to decision making. Training and qualifications; Human element in technical analysis; Evaluation of charts and investment strategy making.
- Building an Investment Advisory Practice. // Practical Accountant;Aug2000, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the state to state variations in the rules for starting an investment advisory services practice in the United States. Test developed to determine the knowledge of rules on investment advisory services.
- Case for Starting or Joining a Registered Investment Advisor Firm. // Registered Rep Exclusive Insight;2/2/2012, p1
The article offers information on the registered investment advisor (RIA) model.
- Fund management shambles. // Finance Week;7/28/2003, p55
Gives advice on how to choose an investment adviser. Increase in the number of asset managers in South Africa; Problems encountered by managers of large funds; Potential for trustees and fund managements to opt for a higher equity exposure.
- INDEPENDENT VIEW. Davidson, Amanda // Money Marketing;4/24/2003, p35
Proposes approaches for investment advisers to clients during a period of investment losses. Cautious attitude of investors; Encouragement of clients to step into equities; Clients with view that the stockmarket has nowhere to go but up; Investment in property; Investors who are approaching...
- All you need is love. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;7/28/2003, p40
Gives advice on how to understand asset managers and their investment style. Tips on how to choose a unit trust fund; Role of understanding an investment style in explaining why certain funds underperform at different stages of the investment cycle.