Tackling Special Topics
- Call for financial planner registration board. Egan, Liam // Money Management;8/13/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p11
The article discusses the issue to create a financial planner registration board (FPRB) in Australia which was raised by Puzzle Financial Advice director Bruce Baker. Its purpose is to protect consumers from Storm Financial and Westpoint-style losses, according to Baker. He proposed an FPRB that...
- Turning the Tables: Client Advisory Boards Offer Valuable Advice to Planners. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2006, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p22
The article discusses client advisory boards, which can offer valuable advice for financial planners. While many financial planners avoid asking clients for business advice, those that do often build a valuable resource for marketing research and reviews of new technology packages and services....
- How's Your Advisory Board? Morrow, Edwin P. // Financial Planning;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p154
Discusses how a financial advisor set up his advisory board. Frequency of meetings; Members of the board.
- BondBook Adds Outside Advisers. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p7
Informs on United States-based BondBook's creation of an external advisory board, composed of representatives from nine leading investment management firms. Plans to expand the board to include issuers, companies and other service providers; Goal of the board.
- Investment Advisory Council: Official Notice of Meeting of the Investment Advisory Council on 18 November 2014. // Minnesota State Register;11/10/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p661
The article discusses the meeting of the Investment Advisory Council in Saint Paul, Minnesota on November 18, 2014.
- FPSB moves to adopt a stronger consumer focus. Munro, Caroline // Money Management;5/20/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p5
The article reports that the Australia Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB) will further develop its financial planning that focuses on a stronger consumer level through appointment of public member to its board of directors.
- Registered Rep.'s Top 100 RIAs in America. // Trusts & Estates;Oct2008, Vol. 147 Issue 10, p39
A list of the Top 100 Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) in America since the year 2006 is presented.
- REID BETWEEN THE LINES. Reid, Robert // Money Marketing;10/9/2003, p30
Focuses on the fees of investment financial advisers in Great Britain. Participation of clients in financial planning.
- Web tool aids planning. // Money Marketing;12/4/2003, p8
Reports that Distribution Technology is offering an Internet-based financial planning tool for investment financial advisers in Great Britain.