Premium bonds, nonrateds draw customers afraid of equities' turbulence
- Time to buy bonds? Myers, Randy // Nation's Business;Mar95, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p60
Provides techniques on how to outline a profitable bond investment strategy. Determination of objectives; Factors to consider in bond investment; Matching of needs to investments.
- Investment commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;06/01/99, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p16
Provides an insight on bond purchasing and management. Setting bond investment objectives; Risk tolerance determination; Support from financial consultants; Relationship of credit risk and the bond issuer's ability to make interest and principal payments; Designation of credit ratings.
- How Much Ought One to Contribute? // New Republic;12/1/17, Vol. 13 Issue 161, p112
Focuses on the importance of the successful flotation of bonds in the U.S. Role of the government to stop unwarranted diversion of resources; Investments; Assessment of purchasing power.
- County May Buy Properties. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p9
Reports on the expected decision of Kent County commissioners whether or not to authorize capital improvement bonds to finance the purchase of some downtown properties in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Plans of the county upon the issuance of authorization by commissioners; Information on the...
- Strategic Asset Allocation: Portfolio Choice for Long-Term Investors. Campbell, John Y. // NBER Reporter;Fall2000, p8
Describes several factors that may lead long-term investors to choose different portfolio strategies from short-term investors. Who should buy long-term bonds; Stock market risk for long-term investors; Investment for retirement.
- Canadians invest record amount in outstanding foreign shares. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;03/30/2001, p5
Looks at the investment activity in Canada in January 2001. Worth of outstanding foreign shares purchased by Canadians; Total value of Canadian bonds acquired by foreign investors.
- Making Sense of Bonds. Schonfeld, Erik // Fortune;10/12/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 7, p213
Discusses the wisdom of buying bonds in early October, 1998. Prospects for yields on United States Treasury bonds; Questions about the action of the Federal Reserve; Reasons for the 1998 Treasury rally; Recommended portfolio asset allocations; Comments from Salomon Smith Barney bond analyst Bob...
- Dot-com yes, bonds even better? Osei-Kuffour, Paul // New African;Sep2000, Issue 388, p31
Recommends putting part of the capital gained from one's dot-com investments into corporate bonds in order to minimize the 'panic attacks' caused by the volatility of dot-com shares. Background information on dot-coms; Income provided by technology shares; Distinction of corporate bonds from...
- New Tax Law Spurs Banks to Buy Bonds for Appreciation. Wright, John Winthrop // Banking;Feb71, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p43
Explores the bond investment strategies of banks to increase profitability. Nature of investments in bonds; Tax swaps advantage of bonds; Reason for banks' losses in bond investments.