Hartford Investment begins $1 billion drive to build up municipal holdings
- Hartford Sees Value for New Fund. // High Yield Report;09/28/98, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p1
Focuses on the plans of Hartford Investment Management Co., to launch two high-yield funds October 1, 1998, which the company hopes will take advantage of some buying opportunities in the market. Identification of these funds; Comments from david Levenson, vice president and director of...
- People. // Asset Securitization Report;8/26/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 33, p1
Reports on John Prestley's resignation as vice president of the Hartford Investment Management Co. Prestley's specialization in asset-backed securities.
- Hartford Leaves Its Mark in ABS. Lewis, Jakema // Private Placement Letter;07/24/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p4
Focuses on the Hartford Investment Management Co. Asset class that the company explores; Percentage of the company's portfolio that is private placement asset-backeds; Prediction on Hartford's asset allocation.
- HIMCO Hires Marketer To Target Public Plans. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;06/21/99, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p6
Reports the appointment of Ronan Burke as vice president of public fund institutional sales for Hartford Investment Management Co. (HIMCO). Why the Hartford Financial Services Group established HIMCO; Amount of assets under management by the company; Career background of Burke.
- Hartford now seeks to run outside assets. Sakelaris, Linda Kay // Pensions & Investments;12/8/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p4
Reports that in an effort to be a full-service financial company Hartford Financial Services is opening a subsidiary, the Hartford Investment Management Company (HIMCO) in downtown Hartford, Connecticut. Management of HIMCO assets; Comments by Joseph H. Gareau, HIMCO president; Additional...
- Hartford taps Microsoft for bond trading expansion. Kite, Shane // Securities Industry News;03/13/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p12
Reports on Hartford Investment Management Co.'s adoption of Microsoft Corp.'s Com+ middleware. Expansion of the company's bond trading system; Middleware's provision of communication between the company's trading and accounting systems; Message queue and event management features of the middleware.
- HIMCO Holds Connecticut Watch List Marker, Search Possible. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;3/19/2013, p1
The article reports on the attachment of the Hartford Investment Management Co. (HIMCO) on the watch list of the Constitution State's public pension portfolio after nine months. HIMCO was listed in Investment Advisory Council meeting materials for a March 13, 2013 meeting. HIMCO was first placed...
- Hartford's Bacevich Navigates Rough Markets. R. K // Bank Loan Report;7/14/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p1
An interview with Mike Bacevich is presented. When asked about the investing philosophy of Hartford Investment Management Co., he says that it is centered on avoiding potential losses due to returns limited to the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR). Bacevich states that the company aims to...
- HIMCO's PP Manager Moves Up. MacInnes, Alexander // Private Placement Letter;11/14/2011, p2
The article informs on the personnel movements at the Hartford Investment Management Company, where Ronald Mendel has assumed the position of head of investments on interim basis and Hugh Whelan has been appointed as acting head of the company.