Maryland's fiscal projections spur capital spending hopes
- LOUISIANA: Baton Rouge Eyes a Hole. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/25/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p9
The article reports on the warning of the parish officials in Baron Rouge, Louisiana to the Metropolitan Council that the revenues are in stagnation and that at the current levels of spending and revenue, the parish-city government will possible face a 5.8 million dollars deficit by December 2010.
- After, Budgete Deal, More Work for Texas Lawmakers. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/24/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33522, p20
The article reports on the agreement of Texas legislators to the 80.6 billion dollar expense plan of the state for fiscal years 2012 to 2013 and their reconciliation of revenues with expenditures.
- chapter 4: Special Report. // Brazil Business Forecast Report;2010 1st Quarter, p31
The article focuses on the fiscal expenditures and revenues by several countries including Australia, Russia, and the U.S. from 2000 through 2013.
- The tax-spend debate: Time series evidence from state budgets. Payne, J.E. // Public Choice;Jun98, Vol. 95 Issue 3/4, p307
Examines the relationship between revenues and expenditures for an annual period of 1942 to 1992 in the United States. Application of an error-correction model for the investigation; Role of policy makers for the solution of problems related to expenditures and changes of taxes; Importance of...
- Additional Evidence as Causality between Government Revenue and Government Expenditure. Ram, Rati // Southern Economic Journal;Jan88, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p763
Although well-known caveats indicate need for caution in interpreting the results of such tests of Granger-causality, the test statistics in Table I, which are derived from a fairly wide variety of contexts, seem interesting. The most significant observation appears to be the contrast between...
- Like A Dutch Uncle. MORGAN, TOM // Business Journal (Central New York);8/5/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p17
In this article, the author discusses the ways to cut spending habits of the government to avoid bankruptcy and to increase revenues.
- Surplusage. // Time;7/9/1923, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that the surplus of revenues over expenditures in the U.S. as of June 30, 1923 was at 310 million U.S. dollars.
- County general fund has good fiscal first quarter. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;5/13/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p1
The article discusses the strong performance of Kent County's general fund in Michigan in the first three months of fiscal 2014, as reflected by the increase in revenues and decrease in expenditures during the period.
- Amman faces cuts to pay for subsidies. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/4/2008, Vol. 52 Issue 14, p20
The article reports that Amman, Jordan will have to cut spending in 2008 or find an additional revenue, after the reintroduction of subsidies for gas and barley. If the government fails to find a way of paying for the subsidies, the budget deficit could become even larger than the JD724million...