Grand Haven Awaits Proposals For New North End Neighborhood
- Cleveland must spread its message. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p8
Comments on the results of a campaign to reveal the success of Cleveland, Ohio,in its attempt to become a model of urban renaissance. Financing of an advertising campaign by large corporations; Pride of the citizens at the effort of their city.
- Rescuing Santurce promotes business development. Ruiz-Calderon, Maricelle // Caribbean Business;08/12/99, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p31
No abstract available.
- Downtown redevelopment. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/25/99, Issue 322412, p30
Editorial. Comments on the need for the business community to focus on the redevelopment of Fresno, California. Downtown Association of Fresno's redevelopment efforts; Key to successful redevelopment efforts; Importance of leadership and followship in the successful implementation of...
- Rebuilding our urban centers. Korte, Mills // Fairfield County Business Journal;08/02/99, Vol. 38 Issue 31, p4
Focuses the redevelopment of urban centers in Connecticut. Efforts to improve the overall quality of life in urban centers; Concept of smart growth designed to embrace both development and environmental concerns; Description of economic growth in the city of Yonkers.
- A cultural renaissance in downtown Danbury. Bourne // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/29/99, Vol. 38 Issue 48, p17
Focuses on the revitalization project for downtown Danbury, Connecticut. Economic fortification efforts by Mayor Gene F. Eriquez; City center's refurbishment of main streets; Growth and retrenchment of business; Downtown beautification and maintenance projects.
- City's revitalization goes on. Recht // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/29/99, Vol. 38 Issue 48, p18
Reports on revitalization projects in the city of Danbury, Connecticut. Addition of a skating rink; Revitalization of the city's north end; Five-year capital improvement plan of CityCenter Danbury; Renovation of Elmswood Park; Affordable housing.
- It's Count-Our-Community-Blessings Time. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/3/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p4
Comments on several projects heralding revitalization and redevelopment in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Extension of the Ionia entertainment district; Construction of the DeVos Place; Improvements to the Van Andel Arena.
- Utopians must force you to do what's right. Waxman // Inside Tucson Business;11/01/99, Vol. 9 Issue 32, p5
Comments on the utopian vision of central planners for Portland, Oregon. Plans of city officials to increase urban density through zoning; Increasing traffic congestion, declining air quality and economic dislocation in the city.
- The rebirth of Park DuValle. Jones, Michael L. // Louisville Magazine;Nov99, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p50
Focuses on an urban redevelopment program in Louisville, Kentucky. INSET: Power players.
- Support warms for infill projects. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;09/28/98, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p3
Highlights the roundtable discussion between private real estate developers and builders in Las Vegas, Nevada concerning urban redevelopment issues. Worries on the impact of the socioeconomic polarization on the tourism industry; Need for the public sector to create economic value in blighted...