Louisville airport operations may be beefed up by United Parcel Service
- UPS to initiate package delivery via Stewart Airport. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p29
Reports on United Parcel Service's establishment of its operation at Stewart International Airport in Newburgh, New York. Provision of delivery of packages in the Hudson Valley; Approximate number of packages to transported daily.
- United Parcel Service negotiating for expanded airport cargo space. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;06/30/97, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the negotiation between the United Parcel Service (UPS) and the Salt Lake City International Airport for an expanded cargo space in the new airport facility. Description of UPS's airport facility.
- Denver International, Front Range in battle for UPS Rocky Mountain hub. Page, Paul // Traffic World;12/4/95, Vol. 244 Issue 10, p41
Reports on the efforts of officials of the Denver International Airport in Colorado to convince United Parcel Service (UPS) to put a large intermodal hub at the airport. Aim of preventing the company from moving to nearby Front Range Airport or out of state; Plans to give UPS a presentation on...
- UPS Expands at Long Beach Airport. // Orange County Business Journal;12/13/99, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p29
Reports on the expansion of United Parcel Service's Gateway facility at Long Beach Airport, California.
- UPS' expansion at Louisville, Ky., airport may include $200 million of bonds. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/08/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30535, p40
Reports on the plan of the Louisville and Jefferson County-Kentucky Regional Airport Authority to sell up to $200 million of bonds on behalf of United Parcel Service of America Inc. (UPS) in early 1999. Use of the proceeds to expand the UPS hub at the Louisville International Airport; Names of...
- UPS on the Move. // Latin Trade (English);Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p62
Reports on the investment effort of United Parcel Service (UPS) in Miami, Florida as of November 2001. Purpose of the effort; Total freight volume of UPS at Miami International Airport in the first six months of 2001; Percentage of its small package volume in Argentina and Chile.
- Alberta Shipper. // Site Selection;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p134
The article reports on the $26-million consolidation investment in a new 150,000-square-feet distribution center by UPS Canada at Calgary International Airport in Calgary, Alberta. This new investment will eventually allow the company to double the facility's package processing capacity. The...
- Report gives support to UPS in California case. // Traffic World;7/18/94, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p31
Cites an environmental study draft supporting a United Parcel Service claim that its planned flights into John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California, would have little impact on the region. Ban of freighters from the airport; Concerns over noise and land-use; Discrimination against...
- Speeding Sortation Through Automation. Hyland, Tricia // Transportation & Distribution;Apr2002, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p44
Presents information on the automation of the Hub 2000 air hub of the United Parcel Service (UPS) in Louisville, Kentucky. Description of the Hub 2000; Remarks from UPS scheduling manager Timothy Peoples; Vendors of UPS in-charge of the operation automation. INSET: UPS Offers College Funding...