REFLECTIONS ON ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE
- Environmental Justice Policy and Administration In Systems Strategy. Henderson, Lenneal J. // PA Times;Dec2002, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p4
Discusses the environmental justice policy and its administration in the U.S. Definition of environmental justice provided by the Environmental Protection Agency; Development of programs and strategies to ensure minority communities of a fair environmental regulation; Inequality in the...
- The theory and reality of community-based environmental decisionmaking: the failure of California's Tanner Act and its implications for environmental justice Cole, Luke // Ecology Law Quarterly;1999, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p733
No abstract available.
- Forward with Environmental Justice. Targ, Nicholas // Human Rights;Fall2003, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the environmental justice movement in the U.S. Cases that illustrate the breadth of the movement's history; Number of U.S. states that have environmental justice legislation, policies, executive orders or similar official commitments.
- SANCTIONS FOR POLLUTION: DO WE HAVE THE RIGHT REGIME? Ogus, Anthony; Abbot, Carolyn // Journal of Environmental Law;2002, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p283
Examines the economic implications of applying different sanctions to environmental regulatory contraventions. Criminal penalties; Suspension or revocation of licenses; Administrative fines.
- Green redlining. Payne, Henry // Reason;Oct98, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p26
Discusses how rules against environmental racism in the United States affect poor minorities. Information on the case of Janice Dickerson, an Afro-American activist who was accused of environmental racism; Details on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) policy drafted in 1998; Implication...
- Environmental Pollution and Challenges of Environmental Governance in Nigeria. Amokaye, Oludayo G. // British Journal of Arts & Social Sciences;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p26
The aim of this article is identify, analyse and articulate the rationale for the failure of environmental governance in Nigeria. It identified various environmental challenges confronting Nigeria and justification for regulation. This paper focused on strategies that will increase the...
- Can the market be fair and efficient? an environmental justice critique of emissions trading Chinn, Lily N. // Ecology Law Quarterly;1999, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p81
- RESURRECTING ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE: ENFORCEMENT OF EPA'S DISPARATE-IMPACT REGULATIONS THROUGH CLEAN AIR ACT CITIZEN SUITS. Crossman, Brian // Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review;2005, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p599
The environmental justice movement aims to eradicate disparate siting of environmental hazards in minority and low-income communities. Prior to the Supreme Court's decision in Alexander v. Sandoval, environmental justice advocates had focused their efforts on enforcement of EPA's...
- The Environmental Justice Clinic at the Golden Gate University School of Law: Profile of Environmental Activism. Ramo, Alan // Human Rights;Fall2003, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on Golden Gate University School of Law's Environmental Law and Justice Clinic in San Francisco, California. Mission of the clinic; Cause of environmental racism and injustice.