- SWOT Analysis. // Del Monte Foods Company SWOT Analysis;Jun2011, p1
A business analysis of Del Monte Foods Co., a producer and distributor of packaged fruits and vegetables, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) faced as of June 2011. Strengths include benefits derived from its product of strong brands. Weaknesses...
- A can-do attitude. Turcsik, Richard // Progressive Grocer;11/15/2002, Vol. 81 Issue 17, p40
Explores the management strategies of Del Monte Foods. Products offered by the company; Technique of the company in packaging its products; Benefits of the company's products to retailers; Plan of the company to improve canned vegetable products.
- Del Monte aims for revival by touting virtues of canned food. Cuneo, Alice Z. // Advertising Age;8/2/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 32, p3
This article reports that Del Monte Foods plans to launch a marketing effort in the U.S. to prove canned food is relevant to one's lifestyles. Overall, the canned food industry is hoping to get a lift out of a number of government reports urging consumers to eat fruits and vegetables for better...
- Salad days are over. // Food Manufacture;May2006, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the closure of the prepared salads factory of Del Monte in Methwold, Norfolk, England at the end of May 2006. About 250 jobs will be terminated. The factory was bought from the Albert Fisher Group in 2002. A prepared fruit plant in Wisbech and a dressed salads factory in...
- Del Monte Pacific Buys Half Of Del Monte U.S. // Food Processing (00156523);Nov2013, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p14
The article discusses a deal announced by the Philippines based fruit juice company Del Monte Pacific Ltd. in October 2013 to buy the consumer food business of the U.S. based Del Monte Foods Co. for 1.68 billion dollars and informs that the deal does not include the pet food business of Del Monte.
- Canned Food Industry Profile: Japan. // Canned Food Industry Profile: Japan;Dec2007, p1
Presents a profile of the Canned Food industry in Japan. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- A busy month for food asset-swapping. // Food Processing (00156523);Apr2006, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the swapping and trading brands and other assets of various business food industries. Unilever PLC in London and Amsterdam announced its sale of most of its Eropean frozen foods excluding frozen foods in Italy and any ice cream businesses. Del Monte Foods Co. in San...
- PLANT OPENINGS & EXPANSIONS. // Food Engineering;Apr2003, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p15
Presents update on plant openings and expansions in the U.S. food industry as of April 1, 2003. Expansion of the concentrated fluid food products manufacturing operations of Galloway Co.; Establishment of a food processing facility by the Georgia Institute of Technology; Plans of Del Monte...
- Food Processors. Weiner, Nancy // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/04/2000, Issue 322664, p20
Ranks the largest food processors in metropolitan Fresno, California, based on number of employees and gross local revenues in 1999. Zacky Farms; Del Monte Foods; Sun-Maid Growers of California Inc.; Harris Ranch Beef Co.; Glacier Foods.