- America Movil reports solid second quarter financials. // Latin America Telecom;Jul2013, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p14
The article reports that the Mexican telecommunications company America Movil SA de CV booked a 1.6% year-on-year increase in turnover for the three months that ended on June 30, 2013, and mentions that earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) stood at 65.04 billion...
- Slim's AM launches quadruple-play offer in Brazil, paper says. // Latin America Telecom;Aug2013, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p6
The article informs that the Mexican telecommunication company America Movil SA de CV (AM) has launched an offer of bundled pay-television, broadband Internet and fixed and mobile telephony in Brazil through its three domestic units Net ServiÃ§os de ComunicaÃ§Ã£o SA, Telecom Americas Ltd....
- BT Vision kicks off bid to draw in sports viewers. Owens, John // PRWeek (London);11/23/2012, p1
The article reports on the bid launched by telecommunications company BT for pay television service BT Vision in an attempt to increase its below-target subscriber numbers.
- Brazil pay TV billing numbers on the rise. Watling, John // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;09/19/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 43, p117
Reports the increase in total billings and number of subscribers for pay television in Brazil as of year 2000. Factors contributing to the increase; Number of licenses issued by telecommunications authority Anatel; Focus of Brazilian cable operators on offering Internet access along with plain...
- Pay player signs out. // Daily Variety;03/21/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 16, p14
Details the delay of implementing the government plan of liberalizing subscription television in Hong Kong, China. Withdrawal of Hong Kong Network TV from the market; Names of other television network involved in the deal.
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;10/30/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p2
Reports developments in the telecommunication industry in the United States as of October 2000. Efforts of The Outdoor Channel to seek strategic investment or equity financing; Details of the pay-per-view television offered by Showtime Event Television; Extension of the retransmission consent...
- Brazilian Cable Ops Threatened with New Tax Burden. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p98
Focuses on the impact of the additional taxes on cable operators in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Plans of operators to increase the final subscription fee; Establishment of a levy requiring cable operators to pay taxes according to the size and location of networks; Efforts to negotiate an agreement with...
- Pay-TV industry disappears in 2020. Quayle, Alan // Telecom Asia;Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p25
The article discusses the trends in telecommunication for 2020 wherein the author says that the pay-television (TV) industry will collapse in most developed markets.
- Pay-TV concession finally a possibility for Telmex? // Latin America Telecom;Jan2013, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p11
The article informs that the local fixed line unit of the telecommunication company America Movil SAB de CV could bag the pay-television license after the approval of an industry-wide interconnection agreement by the telecom regulator Comision Federal de Telecomunicaciones (Cofetel). According...