IRS: Alabama health system debt may lose tax-free status
- IRS threatens to pull Ala. system's exemption. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;12/22/97-12/29/97, Vol. 27 Issue 51, p3
Reports on a threat made by the United States (U.S.) Internal Revenue Service (IRS), to revoke the tax-exempt status of Baptist Health System of Alabama. Allegations against Baptist Health System; Statements from Dennis Hall, president and chief executive officer of Baptist System.
- Ala. Baptist system settles with IRS. Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;06/21/99, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the agreement of Alabama-based Baptist Health System to pay fine with the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Allegation against the hospital; Why a preliminary audit report in December 1997 proposed revoking the system's tax-exempt status; Liability of Baptist in taxes the...
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.
- IRS proposed use of third-party information draws criticism. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the IRS' proposal to change its system of records under the Privacy Act of 1974.
- IRS makes fact-of-filing program permanent. // CPA Journal;Jun95, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p11
Announces the US Internal Revenue Service's plan to make its fact-of-filing program permanent. Importance of the program to professional firms.
- Threshold for T&E substantiation raised. // CPA Journal;Dec95, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p10
Looks at the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) establishment of a threshold for substantiation. Description of threshold; Examination of undeductible expenses; What expenses are related to.