Munis end down in quiet trading; Players are wary of Japan moves
- Muni Prices Close Mostly Steady As NYC TFA Prices for Retail. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;9/22/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34381, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds closed steady to slightly weaker on Monday, traders said, with yields unchanged to one basis point stronger. In the primary, market attention turned to New York City, where retail orders were taken for a second day on the Transitional Finance Authority's $750...
- Munis Unchanged as N.Y.C., Minnesota Deals Price. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;7/25/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32678, p2
The article reports on the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of July 23, 2007. The municipal market was largely unchanged with two sizeable new issues from New York City and Minnesota accounting for more than $1.5 billion of volume. Among 5% coupon paper in the larger series of...
- Muni Yields Fall as NYC TFAs Priced for Retail. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;6/16/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34326, p1
Prices of top-shelf municipal bonds ended higher on Monday, traders said, with yields on some maturities falling by as much as two basis points. In the primary market, the New York City Transitional Finance Authority's held the first of a two-day retail order period for its $750 million bond deal.
- Sokolin staying. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;10/17/94, Vol. 10 Issue 42, p62
Reports on D. Sokolin & Co.'s decision not to close its Madison Avenue wine store in New York City.
- Munis Weaker as NYC GOs Lead Jam-Packed Day. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;2/23/2016, p32
The article reports on the weakening of top-quality municipal bonds in the U.S. in February 2016, with yields on maturities strengthening by as much as five basis points, and mentions issues in the primary market, such as New York City's Fiscal 2016 Series C and D general obligation bonds.
- Muni Prices End Stronger as New Issues Hit the Screens. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;4/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34292, p1
Prices of top-rated municipal bonds closed stronger, according to traders, as yields on some maturities fell by two basis points on the intermediate and long ends. In the primary market, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the New York City Transitional Finance Authority deals were...
- Municipal Labor Relations in New York City: Lessons of the Lindsay-Wagner Years (Book Review). Yagoda, Louis // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Oct74, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p163
Reviews the book "Municipal Labor Relations in New York City: Lessons of the Lindsay-Wagner Years," by Raymond D. Horton.
- Collective bargaining in the public sector. Hennessy, Mary L. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar74, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p70
Reviews the book 'Municipal Labor Relations in New York City: Lessons of the Lindsay-Wagner Years,' by Raymond D. Horton.
- Munis End Weaker as Primary Market Action Gears Up. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;12/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34426, p1
Municipal bonds finished weaker on Monday, traders said, with yields on some top-rated maturities rising by as much as four basis points. Action in the primary market kicked off with the pricing of large New York issue.