The nonpharmacist business manager: Key qualifications and skills for success
- Creating innovative leadership roles to improve pharmacy practice. Hertig, John B.; Radman, Dana; Sisodiya, Deepak; Dabestani, Arash // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/15/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p306
The article describes how two innovative positions were created for pharmacists to provide them with new leadership role. It mentions that a new and more advanced roles for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Manager of Clinical Effectiveness was created to support a structured approach to...
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES. Purchased services may spark C-Suite, clinical connections. Barlow, Rick Dana // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jan2011, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p45
The article discusses what distinguishes a contracting strategy in supply chain management called purchased services from a contracting strategy called outsourcing. The ways in which purchased services help group purchasing organizations (GPOs) broaden their sphere of interaction with members...
- Online Tool Evaluates ICD-10's Financial Impact. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);8/13/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p31
The article offers information on the International Classification of Diseases- 9th revision- clinical modification (ICD-10) PlayBook, an online tool to help healthcare organizations and their staff transition to ICD-10, which has the ICD-10 Financial Risk Calculator.
- Hunt warns that more hospitals will go into special measures. // Nursing Standard;2/12/2014, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p8
More trusts are likely be placed in special measures under the new-style inspections introduced by the chief inspector of hospitals, health secretary Jeremy Hunt has warned.
- Letter to a new director of pharmacy. Tribble, Dennis A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p1257
In the article the author discusses his experience of working as a director of pharmacy in a midsized community hospital, and offers advice to new pharmacy directors on how to improve the medication-use process. He emphasizes on looking for opportunities, being data driven and developing working...
- ASHP national survey of pharmacy practice in hospital settings: Prescribing and transcribing-2010. Pedersen, Craig A.; Schneider, Philip J.; Scheckelhoff, Douglas J. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;4/15/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 8, p669
Purpose: Results of the 2010 ASHP national survey of pharmacy practice in hospital settings are described. Methods: A stratified random sample of pharmacy directors at 1968 general and children's medical-surgical hospitals in the United States was surveyed by Internet and mail. SDI Health LLC...
- Risk managers/compliance officers: Is it possible for us to get along? // Healthcare Risk Management;Aug2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p85
The article offers approaches in order to avoid turf battle and to enhance the relationship between risk mangers and the compliance officers by making them recognize their different roles.
- Supply Chain sees HITECH in HIPAA as business associates redefined. Johnson, Gary // Healthcare Purchasing News;Oct2013, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p76
The article discusses how the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS') Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Omnibus rule under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act of 2009 impacts the health care supply chain. Topics...
- Helping Dallas' public hospital survive a near-death experience. Zigmond, Jessica; Lee, Jaimy // Modern Healthcare;2/17/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p16
The article presents a profile of Debbie Dudley Branson, a member in the board of the Parkland Health and Hospital System located in Dallas, Texas who has won the 2014 Trustee of the Year award for improving the healthcare quality through its safety net system. The Centers for Medicare and...