- Guidance Released for ABS Drugs. // BioWorld Today;10/ 8/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 195, p2
The article reports that a guidance for the development of drugs to treat acute bacterial sinusitis (ABS) has been released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Drug Watch. // Formulary;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p928
Presents several antibacterial drugs in the United States. Variety of drugs used for treating sinusitis; List of antibiotic drugs; Status of the drugs in the Food and Drug Administration.
- Issues related to risk evaluation and mitigation strategies in health-system pharmacy. Coffey, Justine // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;9/15/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 18, p1512
The article presents the author's views on the issues focusing on the risk evaluation and mitigation strategies (REMSs) in health-system pharmacy. He is of the opinion that patient access to some medications could be compromised if the pharmacy's input and involvement in the development of REMSs...
- BOTOX approval likely to raise questions for R.Ph.s. LoBouno, Charlotte // Drug Topics;5/20/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 10, p35
Cites the issues faced by pharmacists with regard to the approval of Allergan's botulinum toxin type A, BOTOX Cosmetic, by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Conditions treated with the drug; Mechanisms of action of the drug; Contraindications of the drug.
- Clarify pedigree: NWDA. // Drug Topics;5/23/94, Vol. 138 Issue 10, p64
Reports on the National Wholesale Druggists' Association's criticisms against the Food and Drug Administration's proposal on drug pedigree for the Prescription Drug Marketing Act.
- Infosource. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;8/3/98, Vol. 142 Issue 15, p24
Offers the views of the American Pharmaceutical Association (APhA) regarding the need for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to examine the knowledge of pharmacists. Details on the importance of pharmacists in medical care; Why it is important that the FDA recognizes pharmacy as a source of...
- Cheap Indian Generic Drugs: Not Such Good Value After All? Bate, Roger // AEI Outlook Series;Feb2013, Special section p1
According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), pharmaceutical companies in developing countries are increasingly falsifying data about the quality of their medicines. Moreover, a 2010 Pew survey shows that 54 percent of Americans distrust Indian drugs, and 70 percent distrust Chinese...
- News Briefs. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p1114
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. The Food and Drug Administration approved a formulation of recombinant coagulation factor VIIa that may be stored long-term at room temperature. The Asthma Quality Improvement Steering Committee of the University of Michigan has won the 2008 National...
- A DAY IN THE LIFE: PAIN MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES FOR FRONTLINE PHARMACISTS. Canaday, Bruce R. // University of Tennessee Advanced Studies in Pharmacy;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p37
Analgesics are among the most widely prescribed of all medications, yet many patients continue to experience poorly managed pain. Studies of patients with chronic or acute pain have demonstrated that many are unsatisfied with the pain relief that they are able to achieve, and that approximately...