Trade growth continues for Port of Newcastle
- DOMESTIC COAL PRODUCTION EXPECTED TO INCREASE. // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun2014, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p12
The article presents the report "U.S. Coal Competitive in Global Markets: Domestic Production Forecast to Rebound" by ICF International, which showed that both domestic and international demand for coal will increase during the year.
- Energy demand in 'BRIC' continues to grow - no end in sight. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;May2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p148
The article reports on the continued increase of energy demand in BRIC markets including Brazil, Russia, India and China but called for challenges to be overcome to meet its demand. Three of its member countries have low per capita energy demand below the global average thus led to a continuous...
- Pennsylvania is Seeing Strong Demand for Anthracite Coal. // Coal Age;Dec2014, Vol. 119 Issue 12, p18
The article discusses statements by Duane Feagley, executive director of the Pennsylvania Anthracite Council, on the strong demand for anthracite coal from customers in Europe and Asia in 2014.
- Exports to Boost West Virginia Coal in 2011. Kasey, Pam // State Journal (WV);1/21/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the increasing export demand for coal and its positive effect to the economy in West Virginia.
- WEST COAST EXPORTS MATERIALIZE. BUCHSBAUM, LEE // Coal Age;Mar2011, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p40
The article offers information on the increase in the seaborne coal demand in the U.S. West Coast. It states that Asia-Pacific region comprises of the vast majority of demand growth. It mentions that coal in the Pacific Area is expected to grow from about 140 million measuring ton (mt) per year...
- Petroleum and Coal Products Manufacturing. Luo Kai-chen // TIER Industry Report - Petroleum & Coal Products Manufacturing;9/30/2016, p1
Sales: Although lower prices of petroleum products stimulate demand and encourage driving in the third quarter of 2016, the Taiwanese manufacturing sector remains weak as well as demand for diesel oil from the industrial sector, while the products of the industry face fierce competition from...
- When the locals don't want your coal, sell it overseas. Thompson, Jonathan // High Country News;7/25/2011, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p17
The article focuses on the coal mining and production in the western region of the U.S. It mentions the high level of demand of coal for energy production, not only in the country, but also in other nations particularly China. However, it denotes the need of old coal plants to be retrofitted to...
- KAZAKHSTAN PREPARES TO GROW COAL PRODUCTION. VOROTNIKOV, VLADISLAV // Coal Age;Sep2013, Vol. 118 Issue 9, p40
The article discusses the increasing demand in the coal output of Kazakshtan, a country in the Commonwealth of Independent States, with 78% of the electricity provided by the coal industry. The Republican Association of Mining and Metallurgical Enterprises states the consumption is expected at...
- Can U.S. Coal Supply Meet Projected Demand? Metzroth, Larry // Power Engineering;Jul2006, Vol. 110 Issue 7, Special section p12
The article predicts the capability of U.S. coal supply to meet the projected demand in the U.S. To achieve the coal production goal, production must increase at an average annual rate of about 4 percent for the next two decades, according to a study by the National Coal Council to the Secretary...