- Pacific Tug. Brown, Mike // Ausmarine;Jun2012, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p34
The article features Pacific Tug, a Queensland-based supplier of tug boats and provider of dredging services. One of the most notable innovation made by the company was the construction of the integrated tug and barge in 1987 which transport minerals to Brisbane. Company director Chris Peters...
- Port expansion in Australia. // Ausmarine;May2015, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p29
The article offers information on the planned expansion and developments on several major ports in Australia. Marine ports mentioned include Port of Gladstone, Port of Melbourne, and Port of Darwin. Details regarding the operation of sweep bar contractor Fodico Marine Group (FMG) on the...
- In rain or shine... Orr, Steve // All Hands;Sep94, Issue 929, p10
Presents a typical day for the crew of the tugboat Dahlonega (YTB 770). Work schedule of the 11-person crew.
- Alligator revival. Dale, Stephen // Canadian Geographic;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 116 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the restoration of an Alligator amphibious tugboat used by loggers in the late 19th century. Ceremonial unveiling of the first Alligator in 1889 in Simcoe, Ontario; Rebuilt alligator as a focal point of a theme park in Simcoe; Wide range of use of the Alligator in a half-century of...
- Towing the line. Ensor, Barbara // New York;9/2/96, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p75
Reviews 1996s incarnation of the Intrepid Tugboat Challenge, a tugboat race on New York's Hudson River, and the events surrounding the race.
- Super tugboats to escort tankers. Pope, Gregory T.; Boatman, John // Popular Mechanics;Sep94, Vol. 171 Issue 9, p23
Features the tugboats `Garth Foss' and `Lindsay Foss.' Voith-Schneider cycloidal propulsion units; Chaperoning of oil tankers; Steering ability; General Motors diesel engines.
- Nordic Tug. Morris, Kristine // Pacific Yachting;Dec2012, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p63
The article offers information on the 2012 Pacific Northwest Nordic Tug Rendezvous with 59 boats and 134 tuggers held at the Point Hudson Marina in Port Townsend, Washington from June 14-17, 2012.
- ABOVE AND BEYOND. // New Yorker;9/1/2008, Vol. 84 Issue 26, p46
The article previews the Great North River Tugboat Race and Competition to be held in New York Harbor in August 31, 2008.
- Tugboat & towing cos. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/15/97 1997/98 Book of Lists, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p216
Presents information on tugboats and towing companies in New Orleans, Louisiana.