AUSTRALIA MARINE SERVICES
- Mexus selling Cable. // Submarine Fiber Optic Communications;Nov2011, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p9
The article reports the arrival of Mexus tug and barge in Washington State on October 31, 2011 to conduct survey date acquisition to the depth of 1000 feet in Washington and Oregon coasts.
- ABOVE AND BEYOND. // New Yorker;8/30/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 25, p21
The article presents a calendar of cultural events for the New York City area including Tug and Barge Week from August 27-31, 2010, which will include the display of the tugboat Pegasus and the Lehigh Valley Barge No. 79.
- Towing on the Chao Phraya. Haig-Brown, Alan // Maritime Life & Traditions;Fall2005, Issue 28, p74
Focuses on tugs and barges in Chao Phraya River in Thailand. Changes in the river's geography; Factor that led to the evolution of tugs and barges along the river; Description of tugs and barges owned by Thai River Transport Company Ltd.
- Barging Ahead: Optimizing a Trip Upriver. Pennings, Timothy // Math Horizons;Sep2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p27
The article discusses the use of calculus work to minimize the physical work of heading upstream. It uses the concept of a tug boat that pushes a barge upstream and the speed that minimizes the required work in getting the barge to its destination. It also assumes that the barge is pushed...
- JULIA STREET WITH POYDRAS THE PARROT. Cambias, Ron D. // New Orleans Magazine;Oct2010, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p14
The article presents questions and answers related to the places in Louisiana including the names of the huge tugboats that pulled the Jahncke barges in the New Basin Canal in Lakeview in the 1940s, the name of the owners of a restaurant/bar located at 1141 Baronne St. in the late 1920s and...
- BARGING ALASKA WATERWAYS. Bohi, Heidi // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct2009, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p110
The article provides information on the tugboat and barge cargo transportation industry in Alaska. It highlights the number of tugboat and barge cargo operators in the state. The trends in the state's maritime transportation industry, which is led by Crowley Maritime Corp., is also cited....
- The American Waterways Operators. Allegretti, Thomas A. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/10/2005 Supp Bottleneck, p82
Comments on the changes taking place in the U.S. tugboat, towboat and barge industry as of January 2005. Commitment of the industry to marine safety; Information on the American Waterways Operators Responsible Carrier Program; Scrutiny of companies that attempt to break into the Jones Act trade...
- Rhumb Marine. // Ausmarine;Jul2013, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
The article features the firm Rhumb Maritime, which is involved in the construction of quality fleet of tug boats, barges and related equipment primarily through bare boat charterers as of mid-2013.
- Slow turnaround. Wilkinson, Kaija // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/17/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p27
Looks at the oil and gas industries in Louisiana. Impact of low oil prices on mineral revenue collection; Levy of severance tax by the state on the extractor of oil, gas or minerals; Revenue projections for the mineral industry b the Legislative Fiscal Office. INSET: Where the money goes.