Investigation into RAN boat incident off Darwin
- Rob Kirby from Kirby Marine on the future of RIBs. // Ausmarine;May2008, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p38
The author reflects on the future of rigid inflatable boats (RIB). Over the last two decades RIBs have evolved into serious commercial vessels with a performance pedigree that is hard to match. It is noted that the vessels now are much safer, far softer in ride and more dynamically stable than...
- French and U. S. Navy Ships Assist Merchant Ship in Arabian Sea. // Sea Technology;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p60
The article reports that the U.S. Navy ship Kanawha and the French ship Dupleix had responded to a distressed North Korean merchant ship in the Arabian Sea. Kanawha and Dupleix had to employ their rigid hull inflatable boats in the dark to rescue the North Korean sailors from the anchored ship,...
- A FLIGHT TO REMEMBER. Hutton, Courtney // Boating World;Dec2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p58
The article evaluates the Kite Tube inflatable from Sportsstuff and the Yamaha AR230 boat. INSET: YAMAHA AR230.
- Personal inflatables. Gibbs, Jerry // Outdoor Life;Oct94, Vol. 194 Issue 4, p42
Describes several personal inflatable boats models. U-tube designed boats from Buck's Bags, Fenwick and Del Canty; Kick-type pontoon craft from Angler's Edge, J.W. Outfitters and Kingfisher; Contact information.
- Inflatable boats--just add air and water. Hurteau, Dave // Field & Stream;Sep97, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p88
Evaluates several brands of inflatable boats. Designs and materials; Shape and size; Categories of inflatables; Zodiac Fish N' Hunt bass boat; Innova Helios 380 Backpackable Kayak; Sevylor's Fish Hunter HF250 rowing craft and Tahiti Classic K79 canoe. INSETS: First time?, by...
- Inflatable dinks. Wheeler, Dave // Yachting;Aug96, Vol. 180 Issue 2, p29
Presents several tips on how to protect inflatable boats in remote cruising areas. Use of two line in towing; Selection of polypropylene line.
- Bat outta hell. Fedorko, Bill; Ruderman, Pamela // Boating;Jan1997, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p48
Evaluates Quicksilver Co.'s QS305 RhinoRib inflatable boat. Durability of its hull; Ease of disassembly; Stability in rough water; Statistics on speed, fuel use, efficiency and operational sound level; Price; Contact information. INSET: Boating certified test results..
- Just Ducky. // Boating World;Jun2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p15
The article provides information on the Trans Agulhas Challenge ultra-long-haul inflatable boat race in South Africa.
- Rare air. Wilkinson, Stephan // Boating;Jun94, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p128
Evaluates the Goodyear Blimp and Zodiac Inflatable boats. Bouyancy compartments of the Zodiac; Differences between blimps and balloons; Capacity of the Blimp; Top speed; Prices; Range in miles.