DTRA Issues BAA for Chem/Bio Technologies Directorate New Initiatives
- BEATING BIOAEROSOLS. Lee, Stephen // Army AL&T Magazine;Jan-Mar2013, p100
The article discusses the technological developments in the operation of the U.S. Army. It cites the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) that is mandated to safeguard the U.S. and its allies from global weapons of mass destruction. According to DTRA's Chemical and Biological Threat Agency...
- Business Opportunities. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/4/2013, p8
This section offers U.S. security news briefs. The U.S. Army has issued a pre-solicitation notice for the Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) phase of the Joint Biological Detection System (JBTDS). The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) has issued a Source Sought Notice to modify...
- DTRA Plans Industry Days on Biosurveillance Ecosystem Technologies. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/4/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p25
The article reports on the plans of the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) to host two Industry Days on interoperable biosurveillance (BSV) ecosystem technologies.
- DTRA Seeks Sources for Better Understanding Chem/Bio Threat Agents. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/23/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p19
The article reports that a Request for Information has been issued by the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) to determine the existing infrastructure and personnel resources with theoretical and practical hazardous material related research, development, text and evaluation capabilities.
- DTRA Issues BAA for Nuclear Forensics and Advanced Detector Development. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/21/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p20
The article reports on a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) issued by the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency to meet its requirement to conduct research in nuclear detection and forensics.
- DTRA Issues RFI for WMD Defeat R&D Contracts. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/3/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p19
The article reports on the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency's Request for Information which aims to gather feedback regarding contracts supporting the Weapons of Mass Destruction Defeat Technology.
- Younger Speaks From the Frontline of Defense. Guinnessy, Paul // Physics Today;Feb2003, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p23
Features Stephen Younger, director of the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. His job responsibilities; Career background; Focus of the DTRA.
- Notice of Availability for Exclusive, Non-Exclusive, or Partially-Exclusive Licensing of an Invention Concerning a Radiation Detector System for Locating and Identifying Special Nuclear Material in Moving Vehicles. Siegel, Aaron // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;3/7/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 45, p13566
The article presents information on a notice issued by the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction Agency of the U.S. Department of Defense to declare the availability of licenses for inventions regarding radiation detector system for detecting nuclear material in moving vehicles.
- Small Arms and Light Weapons Missions-to-Date As of December 2008. // DISAM Journal of International Security Assistance Management;Spring2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p73
The article provides a list of 43 countries where the U.S. Defense Threat Reduction agency has made assessments or held seminars. The dates of visits from combatant commands such as the Africa Command, the dates of conferences or consultations for 30 countries including Chile and Spain, and the...