Secret Service Seeks Quotes for Personal Radiation Detectors
- History of radio detectors. Ellis, March // Popular Electronics;Aug96, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p61
Focuses on the history of radio detectors. Association of the birth of radio technology with the experiments of Heinrich Hertz; Electromagnetic waves; Speed of reception; Tube technology.
- Victory for Radiodetection at the 3rd Annual ORCGA Locate Rodeo. // Underground Construction;Oct2010, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p76
The article reports on the success of several technicians who used the Radiodetection locators to win the first and second place at the 3rd Annual Ontario Regional Common Gound Alliance (ORCGA) Locate Rodeo on June 25, 2010.
- Low-end UHF range further succumbs to system-on-a-chip receivers. Schweber, Bill; Granville, Fran // EDN;08/17/98, Vol. 43 Issue 17, p20
Focuses on Micrel Corp.'s single-chip MICRF01 receiver/data demodulator for 300-to 450-MHz operation. Functions of the chip; Information on the features of the chip; Cost of the chip.
- Single-sideband demodulator covers the HF band. Schleicher, Israel // EDN;10/26/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 22, p170
Presents a single-sideband demodulator covering the high-frequency band. Use of two transformers as floating sources; Phasing network to split a low-frequency audio signal into in-phase and quadrature components; Balanced mixers to provide a high dynamic range for the circuit.
- Compact and fast response ultrasonic detection system by two-wave mixing in a gallium arsenide photorefractive crystal. Campagne, Benjamin; Blouin, Alain; Pujol, Lionel; Monchalin, Jean-Pierre // AIP Conference Proceedings;2001, Vol. 557 Issue 1, p228
An improved phase demodulator for the detection of ultrasound based on two-wave mixing (TWM) in a semi-insulating photorefractive GaAs crystal is presented. A new optical layout is proposed in which the total laser power is injected into the crystal to reduce the grating buildup time....
- Zerlink boosts DTV line. // Engineer (00137758);11/8/2002 Supplement, Vol. 291 Issue 7615, p3
Introduces Zarlink Semiconductor Inc.'s MT352 third-generation demodulator. Features and functions; Compliance with NorDig II specification; Performance.
- SPECIFICATIONS AND DEFINITIONS FOR QUADRATURE DEMODULATORS AND RECEIVER DESIGN MEASUREMENTS. Yin, Ping // Microwave Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p22
Discusses the common and questionable definitions of the specifications for quadrature demodulators. Discussion on the single-tone measurement; Features of the mapping between the modulated signal gain and the single-tone measurement; Information on the quadrature modulated signal.
- OVERCOMING HARD LIMITER SUPPRESSION. Amoroso, Frank // Microwave Journal;Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p114
Indicates the possible role of more sophisticated demodulators in the abatement of suppression. Definitions and classical 6 decibel suppression; Use of sophisticated demodulators for improved performance; Conclusion.
- "Not I" said the rat: the tale of the Little Red Hen-gineer. LUBS, STEVE // EDN;11/12/2009, Vol. 54 Issue 21, p62
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of building a receiver/demodulator for a multichannel pulse-position-modulated (PPM) data stream from a remote sensor as an assignment from his boss.