TSA Issues BAA for TWIC Readers
- WHO GOES THERE? Barrett, Larry // Baseline;Oct2002, Issue 11, p18
Focuses on political issues surrounding the use of biometric technology in U.S. airports. Function of self-service ticket kiosks; Examples of biometric identification technology; Comment given by Robert Goodwin, vice president of global industries at Gartner Inc. on the inability of the U.S....
- biometric identifier. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p265
A definition of the term "biometric identifier," which refers to biologically unique data that identify a person, is presented.
- Getting to KNOW YOU. // Machine Design;8/9/2001, Vol. 73 Issue 15, p46
Reports on the popularity of biometric technology, the automated method of identifying a person by a physical or behavioral characteristic, as a method of personal identification. Discussion of facial-recognition technology, including the TrueFace software from Massachusetts-based eTrue Inc.;...
- Module Puts Its Finger On The Pulse Of Security. // Electronic Design;9/13/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 20, p70
The article evaluates the Fingerprint Matching Module from Atmel Corp. and ODI Security.
- Fingerprint sensor for embedded access modules. // Electronics Weekly;9/3/2008, Issue 2350, p32
The article evaluates UPEK's fingerprint authentication design platform from Avnet Memec.
- Biometric security system combines fingerprint sensor and 32-bit CPU. // Electronics Weekly;4/23/2008, Issue 2332, p21
The article evaluates the latest biometric security system chipset from Atmel Corp.
- AOptix Releases InSight VM Commercially. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/15/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p10
The article focuses on the InSight VM standoff iris recognition system for the commercial market released by AOptix Technologies.
- Lumidigm Introduces New Fingerprint Sensors. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/12/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p11
This article announces introduction by Lumidigm Inc. of the Mercury Series of fingerprint sensors.
- Save Money on Access Control. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2011, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p56
The article offers brief information on the biometric identification system from Lumidigm Inc.