FEMA Awards ICF Potential $15M for Radiological Emergency Preparedness
- Plantings Associated with Eligible Facilities (RP9524.5). Kaufman, David J. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;8/6/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 151, p46767
The article presents a notice from the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) requesting for comments on the Recovery Policy "Plantings Associated with Eligible Facilities (RP9524.5)." It is inferred that the comments must be submitted on or before September 5, 2012. A brief overview on...
- Notices: DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/28/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 208, p64230
The article presents notices issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). DHS Privacy Office seeks applicants for DHS Data Privacy and Integrity Advisory Committee appointment. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) notifies the increase of the per capita impact indicator...
- "What Harm Can It Do?". Lamperti, John // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jun/Jul1983, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p7S
The article examines the Crisis Relocation Plan, a civil defense plan against nuclear war, of the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency. Referring to the plan, the article checks the utility of the plan in the practical use. Civil defense officials at the local level found that the plan has...
- FEMA director announces public/private partnership to change the way businesses deal with natural .. // PA Times;Jun98, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p8
Reports that the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Wall Street's Contingency Planning Exchange have launched a partnership to change the way businesses across the country deal with natural disasters. Objectives of Project Impact: Building Disaster Resistant Communities and Joint...
- The FEMA phoenix. Franklin, Daniel // Washington Monthly;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 27 Issue 7/8, p38
Spotlights the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in the United States. Background; Administrative functions; Mission; Criticisms of FEMA's work; Reviews of FEMA performance.
- FEMA to let L.A. decide how to spend federal relief funds. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;11/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p21
Reports on the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) grant of approval for Los Angeles County hospitals damaged by the 1994 Northridge earthquake, to spend federal disaster relief funds as they see fit. Negotiations between county hospitals and FEMA; Policy as contrary to the county's...
- Called by disaster. Harrington, T. // Yankee;Aug89, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p82
First-hand account of life as a reservist working with disasters for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Pushed to the limit. Manning, S. // Scholastic Update;12/15/89, Vol. 122 Issue 8, p12
Studies the federal government's ability to handle major catastrophes, in light of two recent natural disasters, Hurricane Hugo and the Northern California earthquake. Role of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); Criticisms of FEMA's performance.
- Earthquake test goes to Boston. // Engineered Systems;Feb96, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p15
Reports that Boston was selected by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), as the site for the second pilot test of the new Earthquake Loss Estimate Methodology. Goals of test.