Airline Consortium Extends Contract with Unisys for Baggage Handling System
- Unisys wins $44.9-million contract to upgrade airport radar systems. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/6/1989, Vol. 131 Issue 19, p57
Reports that the Federal Aviation Administration awarded a $44.9-million contract to Unisys to upgrade radar systems at the nation's busiest airports in an effort called the Interim Support Plan (ISP). ISP is to increase the capacity and life of existing Automated Radar Terminal Systems (ARTS...
- Unisys absorbs Paramax division. Hord, Christopher // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/16/93, Vol. 40 Issue 33, p35
Focuses on Unisys Corp's announcement of a major reorganization. Abolition of Unisys's Paramax Systems Division and creation of a new division, to be named Government Systems; Lay-offs of 3,200 Long Island employees; Creation of three major divisions due to the restructuring.
- Adapting for success. Porter, Dave // Mortgage Banking;Mar97, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p81
Features the keyword search system used by Unisys Corporation in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that allows detailed conversation between a consumer and a computer called natural language understanding. System features and functions; Implications for loan servicing; Use of a wireless modem called...
- More power of two. // Electronic News;8/2/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1974, p4
Reports on the introduction of improvements on the x86 architecture by Unisys in cooperation with Intel. Refinement of architecture; Development of Intel `platform'; Alternative suppliers.
- Unisys unleashes client/server wares. Fisher, Susan E. // PC Week;11/8/93, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p8
Reports on Unisys Corp.'s unveiling of PCs and midrange servers with hopes of presenting itself as a supplier of client/server as well as mainframe technology. Additions to its line of PW2 advantage PCs; CTOS-based clients and servers; Systems Network Architecture software; Prices of the PCs.
- Don't customize, customerize. Crain, Rance // Advertising Age;4/5/1993, Vol. 64 Issue 14, p26
Reflects on Unisys and its `customerize' campaign. Burroughs Corp. and Sperry Corp. merger; Unisys corporate culture; IBM's corporate culture; Louis Gerstner, IBM chairman-ceo.
- Funds use U.S. gains to increase international. Price, Margaret // Pensions & Investments;12/25/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 26, p1
Reports that funds that have rebalanced include the internally managed New Jersey Division of Investment, Trenton, and Unisys Corporation, Blue Bell, Pa. Total funds; Comments from Charles Service, Unisys' vice president, capital management and trust investments.
- Unisys Success Grows In Large-System Market. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;08/31/98, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p1
Comments on the success of Unisys Corp., in the publishing industry. What the company has been doing for the last three years from 1998; Information on Unisys' emergence in the United States; Factors which contributes to the success of the company; Reference to Unisys' release of version 4.0 of...
- Unisys: The New Force In Newspaper Systems. Tribute, Andrew // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;08/31/98, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p3
Focuses on Unisys Corp., while commenting on the company's dominance in the newspaper industry, using computer technology. How the computer system became the nucleus for operation of the newspaper; Background information on Unisys; Details on the products released by the company; Information on...
- Unisys offering banks a hand in getting access to the Internet. Barthel, Matt // American Banker;8/29/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 166, p13
Reports on Unisys Corp.'s launching of a group of services and software called Internet Connectivity Packages designed to let banks and other businesses quickly establish a presence on the Internet. Opportunity for banks to set up home pages on the World Wide Web; Use of the service by Century...