HII Receives $482 Million Contract for Fifth National Security Cutter
- Huntington Ingalls Launches Sixth National Security Cutter. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;9/16/2015, Vol. 267 Issue 54, p8
The article reports on the launch of the sixth National Security Cutter, Munro, by shipbuilding company Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII) for the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Coast Guard Takes Delivery Of Fourth National Security Cutter. // Defense Daily;9/16/2014, p1
Huntington Ingalls Industries [HII] on Monday delivered the fourth National Security Cutter (NSC) to the Coast Guard, marking the halfway point in the program inÂ…
- Coast Guard Awards Huntington Ingalls Contract For Sixth Security Cutter. // Defense Daily;4/30/2013, Vol. 258 Issue 23, p8
The article reports on the $487.1 million contract awarded by the U.S. Coast Guard to the shipbuilding company Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc. (HII) for the construction of the sixth National Security Cutter vessel.
- Papp Says Coast Guard Needs To 'Sustain Momentum' On Big Cutters. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;2/23/2012, Vol. 253 Issue 36, p5
The article focuses on sustaining U.S. Coast Guard's National Security Cutters (NSC) as they are more effective than aging high-endurance cutters. As stated by the Administrator Bob Papp, the greatest risk includes high seas between the domestic ports and overseas ports. Two more NSCs are under...
- HII Introduces Two NSC Variants For International Patrol Frigate Sales. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;1/12/2012, Vol. 253 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on shipbuilder Huntington Ingalls Industries' (HII) development of two variants of its Legend-class national security cutters (NSC). It states that HII anticipates international navies and coast guards will be interested in around 215 patrol frigates by 2032. It mentions that...
- Huntington Ingalls Begins Construction Of Sixth NSC. // Defense Daily;10/9/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the construction of the sixth Legend-class National Security Cutter (NSC) by military ship manufacturer Huntington Ingalls Industries for the U.S. Coast Guard in 2013.
- Bring on the New WORKHORSES. Caputo, Commander Jay // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2015, Vol. 141 Issue 8, p34
The article discusses the need to bring advanced coastal cutters in the U.S. Coast Guard's Offshore Patrol Cutter for maritime security, patrolling and inspecting. Topics discussed include design of the 270-foot Campbell, a Famous-class cutter, and its services; the Coast Guard's offshore patrol...
- HII Receives $482 Million Contract For Fifth National Security Cutter. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;9/9/2011, Vol. 251 Issue 49, p4
The article offers information on the contract received by Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc. (HII) from the U.S. Coast Guard for constructing fifth National Security Cutter (NSC) in U.S. The total cost of the contract is 482 million dollar. The project will commence in the spring of 2012 at...
- HII To Present Variant Of NSC Design. // Defense Daily;1/30/2012, Vol. 253 Issue 19, p10
The article reports that Huntington Ingalls Industries Inc. at a symposium in Australia will present a variance of the U.S. Coast Guard's National Security Cutter (NSC). It stated that the two variants will be exhibited at the Pacific 2012 International Maritime and Naval Exposition in Sydney....