Smiths Detection Launches SABRE 5000
- TOOLS & TECHNOLOGY. // HS Today;Nov2013, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p52
The article offers information on the ACE-ID handheld chemical identified from Smiths Detection, RIIDEye X handheld radiation isotope identified from Thermo Scientific, and the Visual Analytics Law Enforcement Toolkit (VALET) developed by Purdue University researchers.
- Briefing. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;2/26/2013, p1
This section offers news briefs related to terror response technology in the U.S., including the contract received by Quasar Federal Systems from the Defense Departments's Defense Advances Research Projects Agency, the Quantum Sniffer QS-B220 bench top and QS-H150 handheld explosive trace...
- Business Opportunities. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;4/10/2012, p7
This section offers news briefs on the surveillance and monitoring industry. The Domestic Nuclear Detection Office plans to acquire the RadSeeker handheld radiation detection and identification system developed by Smiths Detection. The U.S. Marshals Service is in need of market-ready...
- Thank you, Smiths Detection! // UFRA Straight Tip;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the completion of the Utah Fire and Rescue Academy's comprehensive update of the Hazardous Materials Technician (HM Tech) curriculum and the importance of the HazMatID 360 detection systems donated by Andy Saksa and his team at Smith Detection to the HM Tech program.
- Contraband Detection, Security & Access Control. SCHIFFNER, BILL // Corrections Forum;Jan/Feb2016, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p20
The article offers information about detection and scanning contraband solutions including walk-through metal detector Rapiscan Metor 6S, X-ray people screener Smiths Detection Inc.'s B-SCAN, and ProVision 2 Automatic Target Detection of concealed materials.
- Contract Awards. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;12/4/2012, p5
This section offers U.S. business news briefs. The U.S. Transportation Security Administration has tapped Smiths Detection to provide the company's IONSCAN 500DT explosive trace detectors at airports throughout the U.S. Implant Scienes' Quantum Sniffer QS-H150 handheld explosive trace detectors...
- Army orders another batch of M4A1 JCAD networked chemical detectors from Smiths. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jul2013, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p34
The article focuses on the $7 million contract modification given by the U.S. Army Contracting Command to Smiths Detection for M41A Joint Chemical Agent Detectors (JCADs) and M4A1 Communications Adapters. It states that the M4A1 JCAD is based on Smith's Detection LCD 3.3 detect-to-warn device...
- Mysteries Revealed. // Fire Chief;Nov2009, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p192
The article evaluates several detectors and analyzers from firefighting equipment manufacturers including Bio-Seeq PLUS portable high precision instrument from Smith Detection, Biosystems PHD3 multi-gas detector from Sperian Fire, and JackMate lift jack accessory from Rescue 42 Inc.
- DETECTOR PRODUCT FOCUS. // Fire Chief;May2011, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p68
The article offers brief information on several detector products including the Altair 5x multigas detector from MSA North America, the RadSeeker radiation detector from Smiths Detection, and the FirstDefender RM and FirstDefender RMX Raman instruments from Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.