- Anti-theft card takes a bite out of computer crime. // Automatic I.D. News;Jun98, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p62
Features the Barracuda PC Security Device, an anti-theft device the protects stand-alone and networked computers. Functions; Installation; Key specifications.
- What Can the Web Do for You? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p28
Reports on the use of the Internet by the United States security industry. Introduction of the concept of scalability by broadband communications; Demand for flexibility in the use of security solutions; Set-up of in-house Internet services. INSET: Web Cam Technology.
- IT gets an assist with security. Fonseca, Brian // InfoWorld;06/05/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p31
Reports the possibility for companies to access an information sharing and analysis center built to anonymously receive, define and alert its members of any security issues. Company members of the initiatives; Comments from Dan Hawkins, a system engineer; Some factors blocking the center.
- Big brother nightmare. Foster, Ed // InfoWorld;12/2/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p72
Presents a fictitious account concerning the installation of a Trusted Computing Platform Alliance (TCPA) security system in a house. Anti-terrorism capabilities of the system; Role of a television set as the server for security devices; Installation of a TCPA key card slot on the inside of the...
- Security steps into the spotlight. Connolly, P. J. // InfoWorld;01/29/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p64
Focuses on the top ten security problems encountered by companies. Benefit offered by certificates; Interesting deployment of intrusion detection in the market for 2000; Biometric security tools considered for 2000.
- Physical protection key to safeguarding information. Gruber // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p76
Discusses security strategies for computer systems. Source of security threats within companies; Equipment-monitoring programs and physical lockdown products; Proper disposal of documents; Etherlock II from Technology Asset Management; Monitoring service offered by CompuTrace; Proline...
- Computer Security: Common Mistakes to Avoid. Ruckman, Sharon // Commercial Law Bulletin;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p26
Discusses common mistakes to avoid in computer security. Internal security threats; Factors to consider in the implementation of security policy.
- Feds talk security. Fisher, Dennis; Carlson, Caron // eWeek;7/22/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p1
Reports the release of security guidelines called Consensus Baseline Security Settings developed by the federal agencies and industry organizations in the U.S. Includes vulnerability scanner to verify settings; Citation of a step towards governmental regulation of security standards; Guidelines...
- 5 Five-Minute TECH QUIZ. Nelson, Ron // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Dec2006, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p39
A quiz on access control systems is presented.
- As OpenHack test nears end, vulnerability comes to light. Dyck, Timothy // eWeek;11/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p13
Reports on the vulnerability that has been observed in eWeek's OpenHack 4 security test. Decrease in the number of attacks on the OpenHack Web site; Blockage of the user identification switch from reaching the database as a part of the challenge; Cause of the application vulnerability.