- Women are overscreened, undertreated for osteoporosis. // Clinical Advisor;Oct2011, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p24
No abstract available.
- Oral presentations. // Menopause International;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p186
The article presents abstracts on medical topics which include osteoporosis in premature ovarian failure, women's libido, and postmenopausal bleeding.
- Validation of an osteoporosis self-assessment tool to identify primary osteoporosis and new osteoporotic vertebral fractures in postmenopausal Chinese women in Beijing. Yong Yang; BingQiang Wang; Qi Fei; Qian Meng; Dong Li; Hai Tang; JinJun Li; Nan Su // BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background: This study aimed to validate the effectiveness of the Osteoporosis Self-assessment Tool for Asians (OSTA) in identifying postmenopausal women at increased risk of primary osteoporosis and painful new osteoporotic vertebral fractures in a large selected Han Chinese population in...
- Plum good. ASP, KAREN // Yoga Journal;Feb2016, Issue 280, p14
The article focuses on a study published in the British Journal of Nutrition which reveals the significance of eating dried plums to prevent osteoporosis and bone loss in postmenopausal women and also mentions that dried plums contain various nutrients including boron, magnesium & potassium.
- NAMS updated position statement on postmenopausal osteoporosis. // Endocrine Today;Feb2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p16
The article focuses on the updated 2006 position statement of the North American Menopause Society on the clinical management of postmenopausal osteoporosis.
- Premenopausal osteoporosis. Cheng, Marilyn Lee; Gupta, Vishal // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p240
Osteoporosis has traditionally been considered a disorder of postmenopausal women, but low bone mass and accelerated bone loss can also occur early in life causing premenopausal osteoporosis. There are a few risk factors that increase a woman's risk of premenopausal osteoporosis, including...
- ReumatologÃa y osteoporosis (RETOSS): osteoporosis posmenopÃ¡usica en la consulta de reumatologÃa. Pineda, Miguel Bernad; Prada, Manuel Fernández; Campillo, Jaime Fernández; Martín, Rosaura Maeso; Puentes, María Victoria Garcés; Fernández, Carlos Manuel González // Reumatologia Clinica;ene/feb2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p13
Objective: To know the characteristics of the postmenopausal women with osteoporosis consulting Rheumatology Hospital Divisions in Spain. Methods: An epidemiologic, observational, transverse and multicentric study was performed from June to September 2008 in 63 rheumatology divisions in Spain....
- Effects of Yogasanas on osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. Motorwala, Zainab S.; Kolke, Sona; Panchal, Priyanka Y.; Bedekar, Nilima S.; Sancheti, Parag K.; Shyam, Ashok // International Journal of Yoga;Jan-Jun2016, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p44
Background: Osteoporosis is commonly encountered by postmenopausal women. There is an increased need for a low cost and efficient treatment alternative to address this population. Aims: To study the effects of integrated yoga on bone mineral density (BMD) in postmenopausal women with...
- Cost-effectiveness of bazedoxifene versus raloxifene in the treatment of postmenopausal women in Spain. Darbà, Josep; Pérez-Álvarez, Nuria; Kaskens, Lisette; Holgado-Pérez, Susana; Racketa, Jill; Rejas, Javier // ClinicoEconomics & Outcomes Research;2013, Vol. 5, p327
Background: The purpose of this study was to assess the cost-effectiveness of bazedoxifene and raloxifene for prevention of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures among postmenopausal Spanish women aged 55-82 years with established osteoporosis and a high fracture risk. Methods: A Markov model was...
- Effects of Odanacatib in the Treatment of Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women Previously Treated with Alendronate. Vinall, Maria // MD Conference Express;Dec2012, p21
The article focuses on the study of treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women taking alendronate with effects of odanacatib. Odanacatib is a reversible cathepsin inhibitor which preserves bone formation unlike denosumab and biphosphonates by limiting collagen bone matrix absorption. It...