Kindle & Nook: Where the Twain Don't Meet
- Tale of the Tablets. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;11/14/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 46, p4
The article offers brief information on several tablets and electronic book readers (e-book readers) including the Kindle Fire from Amazon.Com, the Nook tablet from Barnes & Noble Inc. and the Kobo Vox from Kobo Inc.
- Nook is Down, Kindle is Up. Why? // Book Publishing Report;Feb2013, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the competition of electronic book (e-book) reading devices Nook from Barnes & Noble and Kindle from Amazon. It states that based on the device matrix from Simba Information, 41 percent of adults in the U.S. had used Amazon Kindle Fire or E-ink in the summer of 2012...
- GROUP TEST. Hayward, David // Micro Mart;2/20/2014, Issue 1299, p38
The article evaluates several electronic book readers (E-readers) from various manufacturers, including Amazon Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon, Nook Simple Touch Glowlight from Barnes & Noble and Sony PRS-T3 from Sony.
- Pocket Books. Ullman, Ellen // Tech & Learning;Jan2011, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p38
The article offers brief information on several electronic-book readers including Kindle from Amazon.Com Inc., Nook from Barnes & Noble Inc. and Sony Reader from Sony Corp.
- E-BOO K READERS. // Consumer Reports;2013 Buyers Guide, p66
The article evaluates electronic book readers, including the Nook Simple Touch with Glow Light by bookstore chain Barnes & Noble, the Kindle Keyboard 3G with Special Offers by electronic commerce company Amazon, and the eReader Touch Edition by electronic book reader manufacturer Kobo.
- An iPad, a Nook and a Kindle. Scott, Ralph // North Carolina Libraries (Online);2010, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p29
The article evaluates several electronic book (e-book) readers including iPad from Apple Inc., Kindle from Amazon.com Inc. and Nook from Barnes & Noble Inc.
- E-Readers: el dilema del lector digital. SUTTER, MARY; LEFTON, PAUL // Latin Trade (Spanish);jul/ago2010, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p82
No abstract available.
- Kindle Fire vs. Nook Tablet. HASTINGS, JEFFREY // School Library Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p13
The article presents a comparative review of the tablet computers Kindle Fire by Amazon.com and the Nook Tablet by Barnes & Noble.
- TEXT SELECT. Birchall, Amy // Management Today (14405636);Jul2014, p46
The article evaluates several electronic book readers (e-readers) including the Kindle Paperwhite from Amazon.com Inc., the Nook GlowLight from Barnes & Noble Inc., and the Aura HD from Kobo Inc. INSET: DIGITAL READING APPS.