Much Changed, Travel Now Trundles Along
- Knowledge at the touch of a button. Longman, Louise // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;4/26/2004, Issue 1715, p12
Online 'truth books' Gazetteers.com is updating its service to include details of virtually every brochure on the market. Gazetteers Plus will go live on May 4, 2004 and will allow agents to search for holidays from 400 commissionable Great Britain tour operators in 200 countries, across 2,500...
- Elizabeth Gilbert. // Entertainment Weekly;6/27/2008, Issue 999/1000, p99
The article presents a list of writer Elizabeth Gilbert's top ten short stories including "The Coincidence of the Arts" by Martin Amis, "Cathedral" by Raymond Carver, and "Brokeback Mountain" by Annie Proulx.
- Page Refresh. // Mother Jones;May/Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p74
Presented is a list of books that a number of authors consider to have been overlooked and include "The Last American Man," by Elizabeth Gilbert, Plutarch's "Lives," and "How to Talk Dirty and Influence People," by Lenny Bruce.
- Eat, Pray... Leave? Haworth, Abigail // Marie Claire (US Edition);Sep2010, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p140
The article presents information on tourist preferences for Bali, Indonesia, with reference to Elizabeth Gilbert, author of "Eat, Pray, Love."
- WISE LADIES. GROSE, JESSICA // New York;10/15/2012, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p13
The article presents quotations from women authors including Elizabeth Gilbert about having a baby, Emily post on sympathy and love, and Lena Dunham on being equipped for a romantic relationship.
- Breathing Space. // Prevention;Feb2016, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p88
No abstract available.
- THE GLOBAL GUIDEBOOK. Honan, Mathew // Macworld;Jul2007, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p50
The article presents information related to Wikitravel, a collaborative online travel guide built entirely by its users. It is reported that Wikitravel is fast becoming the world's most comprehensive guidebook. Most entries list hotels, restaurants, and attractions; the more comprehensive...
- Long distance relationships. Golding, Amy // Printing World;Feb2007, Vol. 310 Issue 2, p49
The article reports on online travel specialist Travelbag's guidebook that provides information on car hiring, hotel booking, local excursions and insurance on tour packages. Direct mail and cross media distribution company Inc Direct has designed Travelbag's travel guide pack. Inc Direct has...
- Black Book starts online appraisal service. Allen Jr., Eddie B. // Automotive News;10/18/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6117, p25
The article focuses on Black Book's decision to jump into the online vehicle-appraisal business. Black Book is best known for its wholesale used-vehicle value guides. Dealers who use Black Book Online will pay a monthly subscription fee of $249. Veretech Inc. of Boca Raton, Florida, is providing...