Clinical Outcomes Associated With Robotic Repair of the Mitral Valve
- Robotics in Cardiac Surgery: Past, Present, and Future. Bush, Bryan; Nifong, L. Wiley; Chitwood Jr., W. Randolph // Rambam Maimonides Medical Journal;Jul2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1
Robotic cardiac operations evolved from minimally invasive operations and offer similar theoretical benefits, including less pain, shorter length of stay, improved cosmesis, and quicker return to preoperative level of functional activity. The additional benefits offered by robotic surgical...
- Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Surgery. Cohn, Lawrence H.; Byrne, John G. // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2013, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p575
A conference paper about the evidence-based efficacy of using minimally invasive techniques in the surgical repair of the mitral valve. It cites lower hemisternotomy or right parasternal incision performed at the Brigham and Women's Hospital, right-thoracotomy and robotic mitral valve repair via...
- The Future of Mitral Valve Surgery. Gillinov, A. Marc; Mihaljevic, Tomislav // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2012, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p840
The article presents an outlook on the future of mitral valve surgery for the correction of mitral regurgitation. Some of the innovations expected for improved care of patients suffering from mitral valve regurgitation include simpler repair techniques and less invasive approaches. It relates...
- A meta-analysis of robotic versus conventional mitral valve surgery. Cao, C.; Virk, S.; Novis, E.; Wilcox, C.; Yan, T. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;2015 Supplement 3, Vol. 24, pS408
No abstract available.
- Robotic Mitral Valve Repair for All Categories of Leaflet Prolapse: Improving Patient Appeal and Advancing Standard of Care. RAKESH M. SURI; BURKHART, HAROLD M.; REHFELDT, KENT H.; ENRIQUEZ-SARANO, MAURICE; DALY, RICHARD C.; WILLIAMSON, ERIC E.; ZHUO LI; SCHAFF, HARTZELL V. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Sep2011, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p838
OBJECTIVE: To characterize the early outcomes of robotic mitral valve (MV) repair using standard open techniques. PATIENTS AND METHODS: We prospectively studied 100 patients with severe mitral regurgitation due to leaflet prolapse who underwent robot-assisted MV repair using conventional...
- A Cost-analysis Study of Robotic Versus Conventional Mitral Valve Repair. Kam, Jonathan K.; Cooray, Shamil D.; Kam, Jeremy K.; Smith, Julian A.; Almeida, Aubrey A. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;Jul2010, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p413
Background: Robotic mitral valve repair has been performed in Australia since 2004. The aim of this study was to perform a cost-analysis of robotic mitral valve repair (MVR) with direct comparison to conventional MVR surgery. Methods: All isolated MVRs performed within one metropolitan hospital...
- Percutaneous surgery for mitral valve disease. // Heart;Nov2009, Vol. 95 Issue 22, p13
An abstract of the article "Percutaneous Surgery for Mitral Valve Disease," is presented.
- IMAGES IN ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY. Pemberton, J.; Irvine, T.; Kenny, A. // Heart;Nov2002 Supplement 4, Vol. 88, pIv4
Presents echocardiographic images of a 30-year-old woman who had undergone a mitral valve replacement with a bileaflet prosthesis one year previously. History of shortness of breath and an episode of paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea; Results of a transoesophageal echocardiogram.
- 297 Transventricular mitral valve annuloplasty. Mitrev, Z.; Anguseva, T.; Batista, R. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p72
An abstract of the article "Transventricular mitral valve annuloplasty," by Z. Mitrev et al., is presented.