STEAL THIS IDEA
- Latino Fare with Flair. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p38
The article focuses on the Latino-laden menu offered at Barry University in Miami Shores, Florida. Manager Pierre Sierralta said that they have 35 to 40 Latin-influenced dishes that they offer pretty much on a daily basis due to diverse student population. He noted that the Cuban mojo-marinated...
- Rhapsody In Green. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p42
The article focuses on the salad offerings in cafeterias in the U.S. According to Heather Walker-Pardo of the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey University Hospital, they are getting away from traditional salads because people are generally eating healthier and looking for...
- PEOPLE. // Credit Union Journal;9/27/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 39, p10
The article announces several career changes of executives at credit unions including the promotion of Cindy Hobbs to branch manager at Spectrum Federal Credit Union (FCU), Wayne Carvalho as vice president (VP) of commercial lending at First Citizens' Federal Credit Union (FCFCU), and Janelle...
- FAME Shout Outs. // Food Management;Feb2011, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p10
The article announces the Foodservice Achievement and Management Excellence (FAME) awards presented at the Child Nutrition Industry Conference held in Seattle, Washington in January 2011 including the Golden School Foodservice Director of the Year Award to Lora Gilbert, the Silver Leadership...
- 31% see more promos in '97: Menu brand-counts rise. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p1s
Reports on findings from `FoodService Director' periodical's study of menu-brand trends in the United States. Non-commercial operators' promotion of manufacturer brands daily and weekly; Increase in the number of food kiosks; Initiatives launched by soup marketers Campbell's and Stockpot; Taco...
- Breakfast cart revs up Marathon Oil Tower sales. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the impact of the introduction of breakfast carts on the sales made by the Marathon Oil Tower in Houston, Texas. Information on the operations of the cart; Details on the service offered by the carts; Reference to the affordability of the commodities offered; Factors which influence...
- CALENDAR. // FoodService Director;11/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p60
Presents a schedule of events for the food service industry in Canada and the U.S. from November 2004 to October 2005.
- New castle has food for kids, jobs for teens. Jabat, Kim // Food & Nutrition (00464384);Spring90, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the Summer Food Service Program in New Castle, Delaware. Sponsors of the program; Purpose of the program; Benefits generated by kids from the program.
- Costly cup of coffee stirs legal question. Marshall, Anthony // Hotel & Motel Management;7/5/95, Vol. 210 Issue 12, p13
Focuses on the legal implications of serving hot foods too hot. Payment of settlement claims for third degree burns suffered by McDonald's customers due to coffee scalds; Use of warning on containers to inform customers; Regulation of temperature of food being served.