Like Father, Like Son
- Getting the Hang of Hanging Doors. Leeke, John // Old House Journal;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p70
Discusses ways of installing hanging doors in homes. Carpentry skills required for this undertaking; Familiarization with the overall shape and size of the door frame and door; Guidelines for placing hinges.
- OLD HOUSE PRODUCTS. // Old House Journal;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p78
Features products and equipment related to carpentry and house repairs.
- Homestyle. Griffin, Christine Kidder // New Orleans Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p52
Gives advice on home repair. Basic tools; Alternatives to nailing moldings; How to open windows that had been painted shut; How to repair floors; How to trim doors.
- Sun Room. Willson, Steven // Popular Mechanics;May2000, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p106
Provides methods on how to enclose one's porch in order to have an extra room in the house. Units suggested for the windows; Tips on wall framing; Advice on the interior finishing of the porch.
- Southern exposure. // Houses;1999, Issue 18, p4
Describes a family retreat house built to withstand wind speeds and other elements in the rugged coastal spot in Melbourne.
- LANDSCAPE PORTRAIT. Rodgers, Megan // Houses;2003, Issue 33, p8
Describes the Jasper Hill Residence in Mount Samson vale in Samford Valley, near Brisbane, Queensland.
- SOLID STATEMENT. Dillon, Julie // Houses;2003, Issue 33, p24
Describes the inner-suburban dwelling in Sydney, New South Wales, designed by architect Jon King.
- SUBTROPICAL REVISION. Moulis, Antony // Houses;2003, Issue 33, p32
Features the coastal dwelling in Moreton Bay, Queensland, designed by architect Robert Riddel.
- HOUSE RULES. Dillon, Julie // Houses;2003, Issue 33, p56
Features the house of Robert Stent, director of the Melbourne, Victoria-based architecture firm Hayball Leonard Stent, designed by the firm.