Product of NACUFS
- Students' activism, allergies top agenda at NACUFS confab. Elan, Elissa // Nation's Restaurant News;8/7/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p8
The article highlights the annual conference of the National Association of College & University Food Services in Toronto, Ontario. The social pressure put by politically active college students who are pressing for their vision of fairer treatment of on-campus foodservice workers and the...
- GM HOLDS BAKING SEMINAR. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Aug2007, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p125
The article reports on the baking seminar conducted by General Mills Corp. during the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) Continental Region baking seminar, which was held at the company's headquarter in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The firm's corporate chef Scott...
- University of Georgia, Athens. King // Nation's Restaurant News;11/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p48
Reports on the foodservice operations at the University of Georgia headed by foodservice director J. Michael Floyd. Splitting up of menu themes among the university's three residence dining halls; Student's unlimited access to the three units; Guidebook listing food on the menu available everyday.
- How'd You End Up Working in Noncommercial Foodservice? Floyd, J. Michael; Feldman, Lisa; Smith, Adam // Food Management;Sep2014, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p48
The article provides several answers of a question by various professionals of the food industry including Lisa Feldman, J. Michael Floyd and Adam Smith on their experience to end working in noncommercial foodservice.
- Marketer Extraordinaire. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p28
Reports on University of Georgia foodservice director J. Michael Floyd's improvement of the university food service's marketing program. Importance of marketing to the university's food service program; Scope of the university's marketing efforts; Major accomplishments.
- upfront. // Food Management;Dec2004, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p8
This article focuses on the foodservices. University of Georgia director of foodservices J. Michael Floyd, on the middling success of a recent "silverware amnesty week" at the school. Students were given a chance to return-anonymously any items they had taken from the dining halls. In the end...
- milestones. // FoodService Director;7/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p14
The article announces several personnel changes and award presentations in the U.S. food service sector including J. Michael Floyd, promoted to executive director of foodservices at the University of Georgia in Athens, the 2008 Illuminating Excellence Award to Stan Hodes, executive chief and...
- SOAP BOX. // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p14
Presents the answers of several U.S. food service executives on the question of the prevalence of take-out food and grab-an-go items in their operation. J. Michael Floyd, food service department head at the University of Georgia in Athens; Shawn Noseworthy, nutrition services director of the...
- TRENDSETTERS. // FoodService Director;4/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p40
Profiles several non-commercial food service professionals who have won the 2002 International Foodservice Manufacturers Association's Silver Plate Award. Mary Keysor, director of the food and nutrition at Maine Medical Center; Gary Green, chief executive officer of Compass Group; Lavinia...