- My First Job. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p18
Features several food service directors and their experiences in establishing a career in the industry in the U.S. Todd Coutee of Spirit Cruises; Sally Minier of Lehman Brothers; Nona Golledge of the University of Kansas in Lawrence.
- How a Vend Program Evolved. J. B. L. // Food Management;Nov2008, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p22
The article discusses the evolution of a vend program. In 1998, the Denver Public Schools (DPS) first sought to strengthen all vending under the foodservice department, until every principal bears his or her own arrangement with the vendors, with one contact for soft drinks and another one for...
- Cooking Therapy. // FoodService Director;8/15/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
The article focuses on the new program created by Luby's Culinary Services to enable children to have fun during their hospital stay. Activities offered by the Chef's Table for children are pizza making, creating Jell-O molds and topping them with whipped cream, and assembling pasta plates with...
- Merging of Brands. // FoodService Director;7/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p10
The article highlights the partnership between Luby's Culinary Services and West Campus-Texas Children's Hospital that created Dot's Kitchen, a children friendly food service program. Dot's Kitchen offers the same products seen in the commercial restaurants of Luby's like the chicken fried...
- MOVE OF THE WEEK MAKRO. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/17/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4715, p58
The article reports on the senior management changes made by self-service wholesaler Makro to strengthen its customer focus.
- FAME Winners Announced. // Food Management;Dec2004, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p9
This article focuses on the FAME winners. Some of the winners are: Demetrious Glovas, Rick De Burgh, Stanley A. McWhorter, Leo J. Lesh, Bridget McNabb, Karen J. MCGahey, Brenda E. Padilla.
- Going places. Walton, Christopher // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/5/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4483, p4
The article announces personnel changes in the food service/hospitality industries of Great Britain, including the selection of David Webster as general manager at Carton House hotel, the recruitment of Michael Sloan by Novotel London West of Accor and the promotion of Tim Nealon at Knight Frank.
- NEWSMAKERS. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/5/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 41, p38A
Presents news briefs related to various topics from the U.S. compiled as of October 5, 2001. Appointment of Theresa LaRocca Meyer for the post of director of admissions for the School of Arts and Sciences of St. Joseph's College in Brooklyn, New York; Promotion of Mark Pupello of J. Kings Food...
- on the move. Druce, Chris // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/17/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4362, p73
Presents information on personnel changes in the food service industry in Great Britain as of February 2005. Recruitment of Stuart Leven by Choice Hotels Europe; Designation of Claire Yetton at Balmoral hotel in Edinburgh, Scotland; Appointment of Brigit Borreck at Rezidor SAS.