- Feeding campus night owls. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
Reports on the growing number of food service operations in universities and colleges across the United States, that are extending service hours for late-night dining. Impact of extended service hours on college/university dining services department; Staffing challenges associated with late...
- HOW COLLEGE FOODSERVICE IS PERFORMING. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p45
Reports on the sales performance of college and university food service operations in the U.S. in 2002. Total food service sales volume at contract-managed college and university operations; Increase in sales volume of self-operated food servicing units; Projection on budget increase for 2003.
- Campus dining. // American School & University;May2007, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p12
This article explains that Haverford College in Haverford, Pennsylvania completed work on its new dining facility, The Coop, in fall 2006, by doubling the seating, renovating the existing cooking facilities, and adding a terrace and roof area for outdoor dining. Construction of The Coop...
- DINING CHOICES INCREASE AT UConn. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p46
Features food service at the University of Connecticut in Storrs. Variety of food service outlets; Marketplace-style dining halls that form the core of board dining; Dining units in residence complexes; Coffeeshops. INSETS: Running a Kosher Station;A Cumbersome--lf Cozy--Tradition;Expanded...
- New Flex Plans, DIY Meals, HMR Options: Villanova `shakes up' meal offerings. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on the implementation of expansion plans for the food service facilities of Villanova University in Villanova, Pennsylvania. Features of the food service facilities; Reason for the changes in meal plans; How the home-meal replacement meals will be marketed. INSETS: Villanova's `Master...
- Dining `al fresco'. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p16
Reports on the increased participation at the West Cafeteria at the University of North Texas in Denton due to the construction of a deck which allows for an `al fresco' dining.
- Oregon Univ. debuts a branded foodcourt. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p16
Forecasts a 100% increase in gross food service revenues for the University of Oregon in Eugene, following the debut of a branded foodcourt in August 1998. Food service operations leasing space in the foodcourt; Food offerings; Description of the site.
- Fresh Start at Shively. // FoodService Director;3/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p12
The article focuses on the renovated Shively Court, formerly the Shively Dining Hall at the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. It states that a number of Shively's team members worked to a great extent to come up with ideas that would correspond to the trends in the industry. It also offers...
- STUDENTS POINT BROWSERS TO FOOD: Online ordering clicks in CA colleges. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p11
Provides information on the online ordering services available to students and university food service departments in southern California. Information on Earl's: The Online Experience at the University of California-San Diego; Room service at the University of Southern California.