And the Borrowing of Print Books?
- A NOVEL FORMAT. Angus, Fiona // Australian Personal Computer;Jan2002, Issue 277, p18
Reports that public libraries under the Shorelink Library Network in Australia, have made electronic books available to library patrons. Arrangement of electronic-book titles; Requirements for borrowing electroni cbooks.
- Pew: Patrons Still Don't Know Libraries Have Ebooks. Schwartz, Meredith; Warburton, Bob // Library Journal;8/1/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 13, p12
The article focuses on a survey by the nonprofit Pew Internet Project that found only two percent of Americans aged 16 and older have borrowed electronic books (ebook) from libraries in 2011, with 62 percent of the general population not knowing whether their local libraries loan ebooks.
- Momentum Builds for DCL's Ebook Model. // Library Journal;6/1/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 10, p18
The article reports on the Douglas County Libraries in Colorado and their model for purchasing electronic books directly from publishers, and how the model is expanding to libraries in California and Pennsylvania.
- Kindle Library Lending Coming This Year. Kelley, Michael; Blumenstein, Lynn // Library Journal;5/15/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that Amazon.com's Kindle electronic book reader will have access to library lending through the OverDrive service later in 2011.
- Penguin Revokes Library Ebook Offering. // EventDV;Jan2012, Vol. 2012 Issue 1, p36
The article reports on the brief suspension of the "Get for Kindle" library lending option by Penguin Group for all of its ebooks and revoking of all library access to its new ebook titles.
- Discovery Product Functionality. // Library Technology Reports;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p5
Chapter 1 of Library Technology Reports (vol. 50, no. 1) "Library Resource Discovery Products: Context, Library Perspectives, and Vendor Positions" provides an introduction to the realm of library discovery products, including an outline of their evolution in scope and functionality and some of...
- RETOS EN TORNO AL PRÃ‰STAMO DE LIBROS DIGITALES EN BIBLIOTECAS. Alonso Arévalo, Julio; Cordón García, José Antonio // Anales de DocumentaciÃ³n;2015, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p1
The development and expansion of the global market for electronic books and associated models to lending library are still in a developmental state and uncertainty. After a first stage in which major publishers refused to sell licenses loan at present publishers are putting more e-book titles...
- 3M Library Systems. SCARDILLI, BRANDI // Information Today;Apr2015, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p22
The article offers information on an aplication (app) for the 3M Cloud Library from 3M Library Systems.
- Ebook lending. Kapoor, Ajita // Journal of Essential Oil-Bearing Plants;Mar2013, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p12
No abstract available.